neos handlebar conversion

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by nottznutter09, May 25, 2010.

1. nottznutter09

nottznutter09 New Member

Rides:
    anything once
    hiya folks i was just wondering if any of you guys had done the handlebr conversion on the neos and if so what stem did you use. ive got the switchgear and the handlebars but im struggling to find a stem. does anyone know were i can get one or does anyone know if the stem from a aerox would fit ?

BunnyMum likes this.
  2. DUNKMAN

DUNKMAN Member

Rides:
    yamaha neos 50
    hi i have the same bike and am wondering wether to do this soon how much did the bars and switches set you back?? aerox stems should fit as there the forks have the same size middle tube but i dontk know about the lenth of the stem, you could try this one and you are ment to have a spedo wich is slightly expencive unles you use a bycicle one.
    how are you going to keep how many miles you have done for when you sell it ?? as thats why i havent changed mine .

http://www.donotlink-pedstop.co.uk/p/NITRO-AEROX-DOPPLER-HANDLEBAR--916.aspx it will say donot link in the url just change it to donotlink ;)

i dont know why they dont link to them mabey a legal issue im not sure but i ordered an exhaust fromt hem with free next day postage, i oredered 5pm it was there at 3pm the next day.

i tock my bars apart today and i dont think i have an anlog cable just an thin electric wire cable comeing from the spedo unit so what spedos can i use oviously digital ones but wich are recomended?? and does this mean i can just relocate my spedo to the pannle under the bars?? without buying a new spedo?? due it being digital it dosent matter about spedo cable slack or anything, are there anyrules about it not being on the handle bars? i think its just the butons have to be there on them

BunnyMum likes this.
  3. nottznutter09

nottznutter09 New Member

Rides:
    anything once
    i bought the switches/switchgear from a derbi that were going cheap on ebay and wired them up with no problem. i havent fitted the bars or got the stem yet has ive been concentrating on the rear end of the bodywork and the paint job. i was sick of the number plate holder so removed it and plated it up making all the 3 pieces of the back end into 1 big piece (kinda like a streetfighter/race bike rear end) has for the paint job i saw an old vespa at a air show with a realy textured nato green us army paint job which i realy liked so went for that for the neos. its not finished and i still have lots to do too it but im gunna put pics up in the project section and wait for the youve ruined youre scoot comments

4. DUNKMAN

DUNKMAN Member

Rides:
    yamaha neos 50
    nah mate it sounds like your doing a great job :clapping:

cant wait to get a job soon and start tuning more , dont rush that paintjob :good:

and you always seem to get those jerks saying ,mopeds are shit, have fun walking is a good reply :grin:

the backend sounds intresting , if u dont need a lplate u could bolt the number plate on the transmision case , oh and polishing the transmisioncase is always a good look ;D,

(the link down there just change donotlink to adrena lin ;) ) without spaces if u didnt know