Neon underglow?

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by NayMau5, Dec 29, 2013.

1. NayMau5

NayMau5 Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Speedfight2
    Yes I am one of those so called annoying 16 year olds who want neons on there ped! so I was wondering if anyone on here as had some and know any decent ones that are good!

just if you are wondering I am looking to fit them to the bottom of my speedfight2!

Thanks for your time!

2. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    none. none of them are decent because they're pointless and look stupid.

3. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    better off with the neon chains (Audi style) as the glass toob sort crack and dont last very long because of constant vibration

Very easy to wire up too but make sure theres a fuse and switch in the circuit
    basically its an "in wire and out wire"...

wire from battery with inline fuse 5a will surfice
    wire from other side of fuse to one side of a switch
    wire from other side of switch to one side of neon set-up
    wire from other neon terminal to earth on frame or battery
    mkae sure everythings secured and no chance of wires fouling or rubbing through their insulation on metal edges etc

DONE

just dont forget to turn them off when parked or they'll drain the battery. Also make sure your careful about what colours are being displayed if you want them on whilst riding...no red at the front and no white at the rear...and no blue anywhere

If you want to go a bit more complicated, you could take the live feed from an ignition live instead of the battery (still use a fuse and switch), this way there'll be no chance of leaving them on by mistake. Make sure you dont use too many either or the charging circuit wont cope

4. NayMau5

NayMau5 Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Speedfight2
    Thanks for the detailed reply I'll get some strips then not tubes! And thanks for letting me know how to wire them up as it saves me having to mess about with them! Any colour you would suggest to put underneath? Is there any colour you can legally ride with? Or are they all for display purpose only?

5. leroya500

leroya500 Active Member

There all illegal dude, but for obvious reasons blues very illegal!

6. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    the relevant colour facing in the correct direction would not be illegal. Its no different to a tail light if red or front side light if white

7. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

Was considering theses led strips myself,

if red and white in right places then you may get pulled to get a well done and gold star, being better seen at night and all that. Has to be a good idea.

Only problem is i was considering a respray, either green and black, blue and black, or white and orange. Obviously blue is a no no. But would small strips of green or orange colour be illegal? Just to highlight detail on the bike etc

Edit: (not necessarilly as an underglow just in vents amd grooves of body panels)

8. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

Might go for orange and white or red and white paint scheme and plaster red and white leds on... Eventually

9. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

Might go for orange and white or red and white paint scheme and plaster red and white leds on... Eventually