Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Need Help Picking a Scooter

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by ndmk2o1o, 5 Jul 2010
ndmk2o1o#1
1st post here so hi to all!! :yahoo:

I need help picking a scooter.
I have just made a finance application on http://www.scootercentral.co.uk and been accepted so aim to get a scooter asap.

Looking at a couple of the 125's as I will be going to work and back which is 15 miles each way and dont fancy doing that at 30mph

I was going to link to the 2 I had in mind but any link I post defaults to their homepage :banghead:

So the 1st is the Lexmoto Gladiator 125 and the 2nd is the Pulse Vijo 125

Now these are both chinese ( i know what some will say) as I cant afford 2k + for something else and need it to be a 125, so just looking for any opinions on either of these 2 makes and if possible models. or something else along the same kind of price range (upto 1400-1500)
NRG46#2
you thinking of having a 2stroke or 4stroke? 2stroke much faster just to let you know ;) and 4 stroke is better on fuel ... (: you thinking of getting a brand brand new bike or would you get a second have/3rd/4th? :L
tErr0#3
Don't go near any of them. Just not worth going for a chinese bike.

You can pick up low mileage good condition Vespa LX125's or GT125's for that sort of money. They are pretty much bullet proof and keep their value a lot better than most other bikes.

http://www.gumtree.com/london/73/61649573.html

http://www.gumtree.com/london/37/61625537.html

http://www.gumtree.com/london/86/61528586.html

etc etc etc.
Gilly Boi Mike 70#4
definetely dont want any of them chinese 125s , get a 2nd hand piaggio engined 125. such as gilera runner, piaggio typhoon or vespa

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

clamping4 replies14 Jul 2010
The missus's Stolen gn250, HELP !!!!!!11 replies14 Jul 2010
primary or secondary gear up?4 replies13 Jul 2010
70cc Big Bore2 replies12 Jul 2010
nrg mc3 70 kits11 replies11 Jul 2010
jet force seat bucket 50cc to 125cc4 replies11 Jul 2010
TPFAT for Q plated scooters?0 replies10 Jul 2010
Which primer?10 replies8 Jul 2010
NRG CDI IS THIS A CDI?5 replies7 Jul 2010
whats it worth runner125 sp5 replies6 Jul 2010