Need Genuine Help And Advice.

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by rezzin, Aug 23, 2007.

1. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

you will need to ligthen the rollers with the tt but am not right sure with the standard pipe to be honest. will also need 5% upjet with the tt

2. rezzin

rezzin Member

Cheers bud. What weight rollers would be good for a de restricted gilera ice 07 with a leo vince tt. And why would i need to upjet 5%,what does this effect,and what does it benefit. Thanks matey.

3. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    it basically ups the flow of petrol, because with the performance parts(the exhaust) the engine will be needing more petrol, if you dont do it, the bike will run like a fat lady on stilts, and it int much work, as for the rollers i would say get a few weights around 5.5 and do a bit of trail and error as all bikes are different ;)

4. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    upjetting by 5% gives the bike the fuel it needs, if there is too little fuel the bike will run hot and melt the top of the piston, in extreme cases it actually burns a hole streight through.

5. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

am not to sure about roller weight best asking some1 else bout that but you could try dropping them a gram, and the jetting if it has been de-restricted properly it should have been upjetted to 60 from 56 for the de-restriction and need upjetting 5% for the exhaust so it dosent run lean. with exhaust you want a 63 main jet.

6. rezzin

rezzin Member

Christ,i thought it would be simple. Surely i wont need to change all that from just de restricting it. Whats the cheapest aftermarket exhaust?

7. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

well probs tecnigas but they are the worst. i would get a tt at the least. then just up jet to about 63 and if you buy the exhaust new you will get correct rollers with it and clutch springs

8. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    probabally something like a leo vince TT, they are quite good and are also quite cheap, as for the work that needs doing, it really isnt that much mate, upjetting is easy, and if u have the tools the rollers can be done in no time atall mate ;)

9. Martin

Martin New Member

its not that hard mate, dont let it scare you. Most people go with a LeoVince TT/ZX as a solution for their de-restricted peds. Im not saying go with this, but thats what most people buy. on the home page there is guide on pipes.

10. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    thats what most people think and thats why most scooters only last 6 months.

11. Martin

Martin New Member

beat me to it :)

12. rezzin

rezzin Member

Cheers guys. Anyone know the cheapest place to buy a TT from? Really do apriciate all your help,your a top lot. And what rollers will come with the tt,and will they fit my ice,and also,what clutch springs are best? Thankyou. Would love all the input i can get.

13. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

have a look round on the forum and you will find all the links you need to scotter shops. and just get the tt for your bike and it will come with the correct rollers and springs mate

14. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    i bought my leo tt off ebay for 80 quid and it came with the rollers and clutch springs. although i would suggest not using the rolers probided as they are too heavy, get ur own seperately and do it that way

15. rezzin

rezzin Member

£80? I swear there like £60. Well can someone reccomend cheapest place to buy,as im not sure where to look,and if you know off hand then it saves me rummaging. What will changing the clutch springs do? Thanks for all this,im learning.

16. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    stiffer clutch spring mean that the clutch will engage later, whilst spining at a higher speed there fore giving you better acceleration, i think you can get hold of it cheaper at www.easyparts.nl of one of those tuning sites mate

17. Martin

Martin New Member

easyparts.nl have special offers on with LeoVince atm. Now i have never dealt with these people myself. but they are in the links on this site and a few people have. you can pick one up in sale for like 55.

Im not sure what the pakage includes, i had a breif look.

18. rezzin

rezzin Member

Cheers lads,cant find a pipe that will fit my ice? Looked under gilera and piaggio but cant find anything?

19. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    leo tt fits, kyle 1b1 has it on his

20. Martin

Martin New Member