Name and shame bad parts/makes/sellers.

Discussion in 'Comments / Feedback / Suggestions' started by RelentlessDan, Jul 16, 2011.

1. RelentlessDan

RelentlessDan New Member

It's time we spent money wisely. someone has to test products, and id rather not be the one to find out how poor something is, along with most people.

perhaps we could compile a list of items to buy and not to buy, sellers to buy and not to buy from and makes you should skip.

This could be done on a traffic light colour scheme, red for bad, amber for be careful and green for good.

Lets face it, were all honest technigas suck. so we can be honest that pm tuning do too, and admit that malossi are great.

thisll help new tuners who have a wad of cash to blow.

just as suggestion ;)

2. mbk3dga

mbk3dga Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr R
    tnt carbs people never buy these !!!

3. aerox-kid

aerox-kid Member

Personally the pm tuning 360 exhausts for 50cc minarelli and piaggio engines, i have owned one for each and both have gone through loads of silencers and both the main brackets and the silencer brackets.

4. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    Parmakit , absolutly shocking ports , horrible cast marks and the piston hit the head due the squish being way wrong even though they provide only 1 base gasket.

all in all , terrible .

5. A-Pka

A-Pka New Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Trekker
    TnT and Technigas both make the same exhaust pipes (Same manufacturer)
    They have always been renowned as being the lowest budget exhausts for some sort of "tuning"
    Never rely upon such brans for motor pieces. Aesthetics with them are fine, as they are decent priced.

Malossi, Polini, Doppler, Stage 6. These are the brans I have always used, known, trusted, as they are high quality, good prices, and easy to find info about! :)

turbovetto likes this.
  6. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    Don't bother with gianelli extras. Silencers fall apart.

7. creditz

creditz Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50 AC

I'll back this up... Mines been back twice!

8. TeZ258

TeZ258 Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50cc
    I just threw mine away and got a Doppler. Dopplers are much better pipes.

9. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    pedparts for not re stocking very often... been out of a couple of parts i need for at least 4 months

chaise likes this.
  10. J4CK

J4CK Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG 172
    PM Tuning exhaust are ok but have to do abit of modding to fit some of them

11. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    PEDPARTS are pretty shit... i spent 100 quid day before yesterday and its 5.50 for next day delivery. so i phoned them and i paid 10 pound for it to be here saturday AM and im now waiting til monday.... pedparts need to get a new courier been out of stock for MONTHS of parts i need and just generally take the buscuit.. im always having problems with them...

12. andy-pp

andy-pp Member

Hi, this isn't accurate.

Your dad placed an order for you on Friday afternoon and selected Royal Mail Saturday Special Delivery.
    The order was dispatched within an hour by this method.
    Unfortunately Royal Mail failed to deliver it on the Saturday due to their own error although you were clearly able to see when you received it that the error was due to Royal Mail and not us.
    Although it is unfortunate when this happens it is completely out of our control. You were immediately fully refund all postage as compensation so as it was delivered to you free of charge.

Your dad confirmed on the phone he was completely happy with everything we had done to get an unavoidable problem sorted as quickly as possible for you in a followup call we made to him.
    It really isn't possible for us to have done anything different under the circumstances once we were aware there was a problem, and your dad apologised on your behalf for the way you had conducted yourself.

It isn't true you have had multiple problems with us, you have made 2 minor orders previously which according to the tracking were both delivered next day.

It also isn't true that we don't restock often. Unfortunately if the manufacturer of a product has no stock then there is no way that anyone can reorder it until the supplier has stock again or they discontinue it.

Thanks,
    Andy (Pedparts)

13. geoff0795

geoff0795 Member

Rides:
    Honda sh300i
    Sounds fair Andy-pp,I will be using you for a few bits at the start of the new year.:)

14. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Sorry but I've never had problems with Pedparts (Even though I live 10 miles from them) It's there couriers which are at fault. I ordered a Polini sport, they rang me on the day it was meant to be delivered and told me it had cracked and had the full opertunity for my money back. I received a Brand new sport two days later. Never had a problem with there service. Only ever had problems with obtaining a new stage 6 drive face. But that was down to manufacturer not them. So less of the slagging on there behalf. Don't buy pm 360's as they're tend to snap and I've heard on 3 occasions on different bikes that the pm tuning clutches slip so i'd avoid them too.

15. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    ANDY PP// im sorry about that.. my stepdad also told me it was pedparts doings/fault... to which i posted this... he then informed me about 3 hours later it was the post offices fault, and explained into a bit more detail...

and about the '2' orders.. iv placed about 4 orders recently ( spanning the last 4 or 5 months iirc ? ) and i recall having delivery problems with the last 1 or 2 orders tbh mate...

Also i wasnt being told everything from my stepdad so i wasnt in the know about what was going on as he failed to explain it to me properly.. i just saw it as id ordered my bits from you, and it shoulda been here saturday morning but WASNT told that the postage fee i think it is? had come off the package, and then my stepdad told me it would be here yesterday (monday) morning and i came downstairs at 1.30pm to find it wasnt there ( not much of time but im an impatient bugger lol ) ....

Tbf.. i have never recieved a bad part from Pedparts, always been as described /pictured and when delivery isnt being long, i do tend to get my stuff on time from there..No problems really.

The only thing about the stock is, the speedo cover which has been out of stock for at least 5 months... i havnt got an ebay account therefore cant buy one off there and dont really wanna pay an extra 4/5 quid for adrenalinepedstops item, ... i like the £7 price on pedparts :)

once again, im sorry for the bad words and whatnot.. i shall bear in mind that royal mail is pony sometimes and it isnt/wasnt your fault my stuff didnt turn up on time... I shall still be ordering from pedparts though of course ;)

Thanks Andy.

Matt.

16. andy-pp

andy-pp Member

Hi Matt,
    no worries-
    that speedo cover has been discontinued by TNT unfortunately- I'll get it removed !
    cheers,
    Andy

17. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Once again sorry for my behaviour Andy, totally uncalled for...

I retract my statement... Pedparts are good, people!

Cory Cole-Wilkins likes this.
  18. geoff0795

geoff0795 Member

Rides:
    Honda sh300i
    We all make mistakes in life,at my age plenty...But it takes a good person to say what you just have.

Hat off to you for this post,& may your scoot ring ting ting & zzaaaah!

19. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

PEDPARTS are definitely one of the best shop I ve used! Top class! (And I ve used a lot of shops!!!). Still cant believe how quick they deliver! (Although I am still waiting on a call back about my s6 12mm crank for vertical minarelli! :p)

SIP Scooters in Germany! Absolutely disgraceful!!! They send me a product that was clearly returned by another customer and well damaged twice (A Stage 6 big valve with bent reed and a polini evo kit with usage marks!) They werent willing to get the parts changed without me having to pay for the return shipping fee! Had to contact my credit card provider to request my money back! Emailed them so many times... They have absolutely no idea of what customer service is!

Maxiscoot in France. Used them many times, but they like to think they are the BEST as they are the biggest scooter shop in France and that arrogance clearly reflects in their customer service email which I found quite bad. I requested some dimensions for some products once and they replied that they dont have the time to do it and that I should be happy that they replied to my email! LOL Although they offer good products at decent prices their customer service is not that great. Never had to deal with a return but I would think it would not be an easy ride.

Italpieces in Italy... Just do not even bother ordering from them! They mark items as available on their website when they clearly arent! Prices change when you are logged on (nearly 20% cheaper :p). They never returned any of my emails, their customer phone number is a mobile phone that is constantly switched off! Their prices are well below the average (250euros for a MVT premium ignition or 180eurtos for Polini Evo AC 70CC kit!!!!!) so it was well dodgy in the first place! Had to open disputes on my paypal on all orders I ve placed with them and so did my friends back in France. I dont know anyone who had a good experience with them./ Seems that they want to be a big player but dont have the ressources for it!

20. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Ha,, Thanks fella,,i know, we all make them,, iv had my fair share too lol......

my scoot wont even start letalone ting ting zaahh LOL