My Yamaha aerox having troubles 12 plate

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by jake avery, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    sounds like the main jet is too big, usually when you're running rich your engine performs better in the cold, and if you're running lean it's the other way around. Check your spark plug colour after about a minute of revving/full throttle. If it's running rich it will be a very dark brown/black colour, tea brown is just right and light brown is lean.

2. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    So it's a a step in the right direction. If the choke is okay then I suspeect that the main jet is too large.

3. jake avery

jake avery New Member

Okay guys thank you will keep you lot informed urrmm do I need to do anything to the oil and air screws ? Just got told today to do it but not sure

4. jake avery

jake avery New Member

you have aerox with the same carb what jet are you running in it ?

5. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    My bike was running an 86 main jet but it was 70cc. A derestricted Aerox fitted with a sports exhaust and the standard 12mm carb should have a 68 main jet (62 is standard).

6. jake avery

jake avery New Member

I have a sports pipe and taken the snorkel off and a 17.5mm carb what jet do you think ?

7. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
  8. jake avery

jake avery New Member

Yes but need to know what size roughly to put in and do I need to do anything to the idle screw air and oil screw ?

9. steveaerox50

steveaerox50 aprilia owner

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    its trial and error and as mr.bizzle said start at 78 and work down you dont need to touch the idle screw nor the fuel and air mixture screw , its over fueling due to your main jet is to big

10. jake avery

jake avery New Member

right so had a look at the jet I was running and it was an 80 put a 78 in it and it didn't want to move at all just didn't have any beans so I put a 84 jet size in and its good but still happens again once warm ? any ideas

11. Mark farmer

Mark farmer Member

I'd say its the auto choke stuck on

12. jake avery

jake avery New Member

How do I check ?

13. Mark farmer

Mark farmer Member

Take the auto choke off the carb, should be held on with two small bolts, when you remove the two bolts pull the auto choke out it might take a bit of effort but it'll come, the disconnect the cable, then to check it works connect the two cables to the battery doesn't matter what cable goes to positive or negative, while its connected look to see if the gold pin moves out, if it does disconnect from battery and look to see if the pin goes back,

this is what the auto choke looks like

[​IMG]