My Gilera Ice.

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by xDREAMCASTERx, Jun 1, 2012.

1. IceIceBaby!

IceIceBaby! yz125/ TTR250/ sold gilera ice

Rides:
    TTR250
    60cc piston i think, but we boerd the barrel out and done a good job of it soo not sure if its the problem, it was doing it before.. i blew up 2 standard 50 kits? its deffianltey got alot more than 60 in the engine just needs higher gearing.. not to sure of the speed as my speedo goes bit funny when it gets above 55 ( little bit temperamental ) but i know ive been above 60 for a fact. the speedo seems to freeze then jump to 60 but works fine at every other speed?.. yeah gona get rid of it soon unless i can find a 125 engine ( 172 ) project ;) i payed £250 as a completley standard de-restriceted bike ( went 46 ) wish i kept it standard had only done around 2400 miles, got a bargin someone owed my dad a favor so sold me it cheap :)

2. TalkToShank

TalkToShank Life is short... so Grip it and Rip it!

ahh cool, gotta be something up with engine though if it bkew 2 50 kits up ?and not bad not bad! gearing is expensive though, i would just leave it the way it is and wait for a decent 125 engine to come along cheap, and my speedos fucking about a little as well, the guy who has it before me cut the wire and taped it up, oviously didnt put them together properly, it works sometimes but sometimes it just to 172 and and sometimesw it stays at 0 :L and that aint bad that mate! mine owes me around £250 now, i bought a crashed one for £120 then i bought one with a blown engine for £50 of ebay so i stripped the frame back and used the ebay frame and pannels and just swapped bits like the throttle and lights over, cost me a bit in petrol and that but still a bargain for how fast it goes! im not actuallly sure what has been done to engine but the barrel and piston are standard so i presume the rest of the bike is, the only obvious improvement is the technigas exhaust, how much have you spent on modding the little beats anyways? but yeah a proper bargain, especially with only 2400 miles!

3. IceIceBaby!

Rides:
    TTR250
    yeah not sure, was fine till i put the stage 6 exhaust on?.. up jetted correctly was running lean so up jetted bit more and was good but still blew kits up? if i go out long ride when i stop i smell burning? yeah thats why i havent bothered with gearing.. mines fine till it gets above 55 soo not sure lol, ahaa thats bit wierd ! yeah you done well there ahaa, good little bikes ! erm think the exhaust was really dont know with it blowing up few times i reckon at least 300 :L wasnt thinking bout cost when i was modding it tho soo not to bothered had a good laugh on it soo should get my money back more or less.. would love to 172 it to, yeah its got 6500 something miles on it now ahaa !! got any plans for yours?

4. jamie rockell

jamie rockell New Member

hello i was just woundering if you could tell me if a piagio zip air box would fit my gilera ice?

5. TalkToShank

yes mate, should do, most piaggios are the same, mine was from a dna and its fine. and yeah, im planning to spray it, re upholster the seat and thats abut it, i was thinking heavier roller so a better top speed but i cant be arsed :L if its not broken dont fix it :L i was looking at vehicle raps, thinking i might buy a little bit to try on the front pannel and see how it comes out because its really cheap and looks good if its done right... also im thnking orange neons but i dont want it too be chavvy :L and you now the holes in the side of the frame, ive got a pair of 300 watt speakers that will fit right in there with a bit of work but again, its chavvy :L and i found a little 200watt amp the size of a swan filter box :L had a relly shit week with my ped, had 2 punctures and the lead from my loom to my starter motor has been burnt and fucked by the exhaust because i forgot to tie it back :L

6. IceIceBaby!

Rides:
    TTR250
    yeah i had to redo my seat when i got it.. didnt do a very good job but oh well lol, think my rollers or my clutch is going, bikes being wierd like sometimes it wont let the engine rev up before it tries to pull away so it just bogs and judders? ahaa i was gona do neons but never got round to it.. can look good tho, hmm that speaker idea sounds sick ! got a mate with speakers under his seat and always wanted it but theres no room under the seat on the ic.. that is a proper good idea !! do care how chavvy it is do it, aaah thats not good :( my bikes running alright sometimes and shit other times dont really know whats wrong with it atm :/

7. Mickey

Mickey Member

Rides:
    Beeline 50cc 4t
    such a weird looking bike (in a good way ;)) how fast you had this thing?

8. TalkToShank

mine does 56 with next to no modifications, it comes with a 17.5 dolly carb as standard, ive got a polini variator with 3.5 and 5.5 grams in it, standard clutch ect, standard bore, technigas pipe (under rated in my opinion) 8mm ht lead with ngk cap and it flys, i can get to 30 in 4 seconds ;)

9. Mickey

Mickey Member

Rides:
    Beeline 50cc 4t
    bet that fun around town, it must be so lightweight tho, my ped is so heavy haha but it still can move

10. TalkToShank

ahaa it is, and yeah, they are! plus im only 9 stone myself! and what do you ride buddy?

11. Mickey

Mickey Member

Rides:
    Beeline 50cc 4t
    4 stroke chinese :/ quiet a slow bike but it gets off the mark fast :p

12. TalkToShank

gets you from a to b ;)

13. WTPchiefSKP

WTPchiefSKP Member

Rides:
    cpi sm77
    have had a strange obsession with these lately look funky and underated i bet ? goes okay ?

14. TalkToShank

Not under rated, more like not very well known, they are great! Fast, handle brilliantly, you fall off there's next to no panneld to replace, easy to work on, loads of tuning parts available...Only problem I have found is the pannels are very rare making them expensive when they actually are available, and the seats are impossible to buy in good condition! But over all a great bike!

15. WTPchiefSKP

WTPchiefSKP Member

Rides:
    cpi sm77
    thats good to know :) may go for one after ive got bored of my runner :)