Hi guys, getting a peugeot speedfight 3 on Saturday and I was wondering how to get it deristricted and whether it's worth it? How fast will I get out of it from stock and how fast do you reckon it will go deristricted? Also, can garages deristrict and is it for them to do so? Finally I was wondering whether I'd Benifit from a sports exaust or modifications, thanks
-Brad
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
My first moped - Advice
Poll: Speedfight or aerox?
Speedfight — 2 votes (25%)
Aerox — 6 votes (75%)
8 voters · Poll closed
If your buying from new it will be restricted to just below 30 I think and if deristricted you should get around 40.
Below 30 :/ other than speed do you think they are good peds? And I've seen a few people near me with exposed handlebars, personally I think it looks really good how can I get mine like that? 
Not a fan of speedfights myself but each to their own. Just look for bar conversions on here or elsewhere on the Internet to find out about them.
Buying a moped from new is pointless in my opinion.
The minute it's wheeled out the showroom you're losing money.
And if you're like me who wants a 125 at 17, you'd benefit alot more from saving the money you'd have spent on a ped to get a 125 a year later.
Although out of those 2 I'd got for the Aerox.
Speedfights earned their nickname of Speedshite for a reason
The minute it's wheeled out the showroom you're losing money.
And if you're like me who wants a 125 at 17, you'd benefit alot more from saving the money you'd have spent on a ped to get a 125 a year later.
Although out of those 2 I'd got for the Aerox.
Speedfights earned their nickname of Speedshite for a reason
Yeah i agree...i would personally look about and get a preowned 1....u can pick then up quite cheap
I have a speedfight 2, 100CC.
When it runs its brilliant fun... *ahem*
Its my belief a speed-fight can be made into a good reliable ped. In my case you just need to replace everything on it. On the plus side, they are cheap, parts are dirt cheap, lots and lots of different parts, mods etc for it. and the 100CC is a nippy little bugger, I get 70 out of mine, no that's not down hill.
Sadly its currently in pieces in my dining room...
P.S. Don't buy anything from anyone in birmingham.
When it runs its brilliant fun... *ahem*
Its my belief a speed-fight can be made into a good reliable ped. In my case you just need to replace everything on it. On the plus side, they are cheap, parts are dirt cheap, lots and lots of different parts, mods etc for it. and the 100CC is a nippy little bugger, I get 70 out of mine, no that's not down hill.
Sadly its currently in pieces in my dining room...
P.S. Don't buy anything from anyone in birmingham.
Are you seriously thinking of getting/letting a garage de-res. your bike?,(eeek!)i would'nt/cause it won't be "your" bike then willHi guys, getting a peugeot speedfight 3 on Saturday and I was wondering how to get it deristricted and whether it's worth it? How fast will I get out of it from stock and how fast do you reckon it will go deristricted? Also, can garages deristrict and is it for them to do so? Finally I was wondering whether I'd Benifit from a sports exaust or modifications, thanks-Brad
it (that and the fact they'l charge you £?),for doing something relitively simple.
Keep clocking on to this forum,and the guys on here will soon clue you up!
A lot of people haven't the tool's or the knowledge to derestrict anything, it might be best to let someone who know's what there doing derestrict it!
Agreed,maybe my personall opinion was a bit strong,but this forum will certainely help
to open his eyes a bit to possibilities. ;-) .
to open his eyes a bit to possibilities. ;-) .
Yea i agree..the forum has helped me out a few times...now i would rather try fix/do things myself and save a few quid...
^^^ I wish I had come here before i paid £350 for the work needed on the MOT. I now know enough to have done it all myself from haynes and this forum.
speedfight 3, designed in france made in china. enough said. they are bringing out a new aerox this year called the aerox naked, its got motocross style bars and gas chamber shock, looks to be quite a agressive looking scoot, buy that or a used aerox, not a speedfight. also speedfights rust in 3 days, quite literally.
I'm kinda getting a little clued up on why i'm occ. seeing quite a few so cheap.;-).speedfight 3, designed in france made in china. enough said. they are bringing out a new aerox this year called the aerox naked, its got motocross style bars and gas chamber shock, looks to be quite a agressive looking scoot, buy that or a used aerox, not a speedfight. also speedfights rust in 3 days, quite literally.
also speedfights rust in 3 days, quite literally.
2008 speedfight 100CC. No rust here.
Nothing else works, but definitely no rust...
Not always just the bike,but the rider on it?.2008 speedfight 100CC. No rust here.
Nothing else works, but definitely no rust...
with each passing year I oxidize a little more...
with each passing year I oxidize a little more...
I picked my self up a speedfight 2 100cc 06 reg only oxidization i've seen is on the exhaust, I'm wanting to renew the belt, rollers, clutch etc etc but I find it an all round decent scoot!
Some people do get lucky in life,but kinda get the feeling there are a few peeps out there with a "wait for it",tjought in theirheads.I picked my self up a speedfight 2 100cc 06 reg only oxidization i've seen is on the exhaust, I'm wanting to renew the belt, rollers, clutch etc etc but I find it an all round decent scoot!
More threads in General Scooter Discussion
| A Warning. Never underestimate the importance of a Washer... | 26 Feb 2013 |
| evo panels any good | 25 Feb 2013 |
| Scooter mileage | 24 Feb 2013 |
| Piaggio 70cc barrels, which one? | 24 Feb 2013 |
| how to get a moped on one | 24 Feb 2013 |
| seat lock help | 23 Feb 2013 |
| Moped Jokes | 22 Feb 2013 |
| pmmtuning 360 exhaust leaking? | 22 Feb 2013 |
| Help me please! | 21 Feb 2013 |
| crankshaft | 18 Feb 2013 |
