my first car

Discussion in 'Car chat' started by scubabiker, Jul 27, 2012.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

yeah finally joined the dark side, just inherited a 4th gen donovan powered camaro... its ready to race complete with sprc numbers

2. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    You got a petrol tanker to keep it in fuel?

3. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    You got pictures ??

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

hows that for you?

Attached Files:

• pfm.jpg
      pfm.jpg
      File size:
      37.8 KB
      Views:
  5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

it seems its going to be a while till i get it shipped over here, need to do my test but cant afford to take the time off work.

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Only owned 1 car in my life,ford mustang automatic,dad gave it to me on my 18 (knowing that 2 weeks later i was imigrating and could'nt take it with me!).Think he only took me for a couple of lessons (think he was bricking it every time i drove/me=leadfoot---not my fault he took me into the mountains where there were 100 ft.drops),loved the way i could spray gravel out the back end/could of pebble dashed 'bout 100 houses!.

scubabiker likes this.
  7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

yeah not driven the camaro yet, doubting it will go round corners too good tho

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Are'nt all american cars designed like that,one thing most european cars have them beat hands down.
    My impression was that they were designed for point to point straightline speed ala lights to lights.

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

this one (4th gen f body) is designed for drifting actually, but it makes a better drag car, drifting is for chavs in bmws and skylines

10. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I like watching that on top gear,me and a mate have running bet when their going to take out a cameraman.

scubabiker likes this.
  11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

you should check out drift what ya brung at santa pod, they crash into each other constantly there. it does your head in tho when they are drifting for 9 hours and your trying to dail in the timing on a top fuel engine.

12. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Feel the irritatation,what's your take on the money their blowing whilst doing it?.

13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

all motorsport is wasting money really, nobody gets rich from it but promoters. but yeah, i think its dumb also the tiny strips of steel from the tyres that are left can easily puncture a drag car tyre which is worth more than the shitty bmws that drifters use.

14. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

update!!!!! shipping it here end of the month!!! going to the uk to get it serviced (im not doing the plugs, need 10 hours to do that!) and gonna shove all the old original parts in it and fill it with tools and oil

15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

its on its way!

Attached Files:

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  16. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

SUNP0034.JPG me looking rough as fuck after FILLING the car with stuff, thats the back seat on the passanger seat, and yes that 8 liters of oil
    SUNP0030.JPG now its gonna be a full blown track car, im gonna give it a huge "diet", list of removables:
    numberplate, interior shite, carpets, spare wheel and jack, all lights, some of the wiring will get stripped out too if i can be bothered, im gonna take the baffles out the exhaust too.

17. Gemma

Gemma Captain Spooky

Rides:
    VT 500 E
    Wait till you see what lives under the carpets of a car - sound deadening tar goop... ....getting all that out is a job and a half. Wait until it's freeezing cold and chip it out is the easiest way.

18. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

dont need to wait for it to be freezing! i suspect that there is no such goop, knowing GM its lucky if its got spit holding it in!

19. Gemma

Gemma Captain Spooky

Rides:
    VT 500 E
    Goops cheaper than thick metal to stop the floor pan rattling like a good 'un, that's why they put in. If it is in there, take the time to get rid, it weighs a ton!

scubabiker likes this.
  20. GazD

GazD Active Member

nice,,very nice

stripped out a few cars,,,,hot air gun and a few chisels does the job

when i was an apprentice in a bodyshop one of my jobs was re-applying the sound deadening to the floors after panel work,,,,,,,,cut the sheets to size and melt them on with a hot air gun,,,sticky shit