my aerox tuning spec lol

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Nrg-Sam, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

hia all

after a lot of umm'in and arghing ive decided to go with:

stage 6 pro 70 kit

lazer x-pro chrome eu approved

double layer stage 6 air filter

what ima wondering is:

1. ill defo need an 80+ jet, the box comes with 80-102 in 2's, what rough jet would you all reccomend and should i start with and then go up or down jets, also ive got a 17.5mm dellorto carb with manual choke as standard? can anyone point out the right box of jets as its all in fucking german :eh: (on scooter-attack)

2. rollers? cant seem to find the ones for stock vari, im ordering off scooter attack so could someone point out the ones that go in a minarelli lc standard vari, or do i need to know the 12x6 or whatever, any ideas or can someone point them out lol

3. clutch springs? will i need them? i have to give the engine a bit of throttle to take off so am thinking theres a problem somewhere? possibly a drivebelt problem? ill check that out tomorrow

4. is the setup ive chosen ok? any bits i should add/change for ones that are the same price but better? etc

5. the exhaust is eu approved so does that mean i need to hack out any restrictors? where abouts are they lol

6. how many stage 6 stickers do i need to apply to my ped/engine to get the maximum performance???

sorry theyre all noob questions but i dont wanna bollocks this up and ending my 16th birthday on the back of an aa lorry with a siezed motor :(

according to terrance's tuning guide thingy i should be getting about 10bhp? :)

cheers all

sam :D

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    I would consider doing the crank at the same time, something like a top racing full circle is a reasonable balanced full circle crank, add c4 main bearings and the motor will run smooter and more freely. also gives the oppurtunity to polish the inlet ports in the crank cases

3. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

A crank on a sport tune is never needed.

You said you wanted reliability so any stage 6 kit is a no no. They are single ringed. Go for either the Malossi sport or MHR Rep.

The Laser xpro does have restrictors. I think there is only one in the normal place but don't hold me to it.

You will need clutch springs with a performance exhaust. I'm 95% sure Lasers don't come with them as well.

Forget the air filter. There is no point when you have a standard carb and they also look weird on Aerox's.

As for the jet box they are the Dellorto 6mm.

The roller sizes will be either 16x13 or 15x12.

4. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    it's maybe not needed but it does improve the lifespan and as its a used bike with unknown history i would replace it anyway. also the full circle increases crankcase compression slightly.

5. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Very true but for most people it's not worth it. Especially on a budget!

6. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yeah budget is deffinately the issue with most projects, thats why my area51 never had the 70 kit or pipe.

7. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

cheers for the advice peeps :nerd:

ive found out that the rollers are 15x12, can anyone tell me a rough min/max what the roller weights could be (ill get a few sets) and what clutch springs? and a min/max jet. also does anyone know how exactly you go about ajusting the oil pump on an aerox?

cheers all

sam :ped: