My Aerox 50 HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by harrison, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Vap0ur

Vap0ur New Member

right mate.. that cant be right! if your doing 55 ish down a hill yet 35 on the flat ur either lying or ur bikes fucked.. it must be de-restricted if ur doing 55 no matter if its down a hill or not!, get a new exhaust and rollers and ull go flying, no matter what !!

2. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

it sounds like some 1 has put stupidly heavy rollers in it try and put a set of rollers between 4-5 grams in it if u need a tool to change rollers look at buying an impact wrench heres one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12v-IMPACT-WRENCH ... otohosting
    it b ova problems but best to try rollers first

3. harrison

harrison New Member

well im not lieing. i can do around 35 on flat. my mates blow past me but when we get going down a hill its faster than anyone elses. it takes along time to get jsut over 40 but when it hits around 43 it flys straight past 50 to where it tells you how many km you have done. seriously im not lieing. i think it has 5.5g rolelrs in it now

4. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

he's got a point it does sound strange but the only resonable explanation is that some one has set it up to rev extremely low ie putting extremely heavy rollers in it as wen you go down hill your bike will pick up revs quickly and as you say its only long down hills then it sounds like it not picking up revs which is why it wont go ova 35mph on the flat

5. harrison

harrison New Member

that sounds about right. i have been on my frineds bike and theres picks up alot faster and revs higher. im not sure what rollers i have in. there is a reciept the previous owner gave me saying 5.5g rollers were fitted. i have 2g rollers also with the bike but they are not in it.

6. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

Just change them neway it cud be suming to do with the clutch, possible your springs are really tight or they have got really tight which would be why u shoot off at 43mph because it engages fully them but the fact that you say ur top speed is high points to heavy rollers change both its not gonna be expensive then see wat happens

7. harrison

harrison New Member

is there away of getting to the rollers withotu the variator tool? can i use something else to stop it spinning when i turn.

8. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

Well there is the variator locking tool but never used one, i would used nething else ive seen people brake the flywheel trying to keep it still while undoing it, if u get an impact wrench it takes a couple of seconds to get the nut on and off and don't bother with 2g rollers they are too light dont go lower than 4.5g or maybe 4g

9. harrison

harrison New Member

well i have no tools to get it off unless i use something to hold it. i tihnk it has 5.5g rolelrs on so there would be no point taking it all off. there is a receipt of them fitting these rollers when the exhaust was fitted.

10. harrison

harrison New Member

well i have got to the rollers. its currently all of and the rollers seem to weigh 2grams each but all together weigh 22grams :msn1: i also have some other rollers only 5 of these though which weigh less.

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    stop using kitchen scales

12. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

ye use drug scales i use my m8s stainless ones

13. harrison

harrison New Member

what should i be using then?? i put a mix of the rollers in 3 of the old and 3 of the others supplied. they are all old and used but im gonna try it with this. gonna fit it all together tomorrow and see the results.