My Aerox 50 HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by harrison, Jun 10, 2007.

1. harrison

harrison New Member

im so anoyed im thiknig of sellnig it and buying new

2. Vap0ur

Vap0ur New Member

the thing is mate.. theres no actual point.. if u sell u will lose insurance.. etc etc.. and will have to start from scratch. You wont get £700 if you say its de-restricted and its not. Basically, go down to your bike shop and pay £30 for an hour service.. then they will find the problem. If they dont.. then sell it!, dont bother buying all this new stuff if you dont know the problem! simple mate

3. harrison

harrison New Member

im selling the bike and buying new

4. pricey

pricey Member

dont buy new! you will lose even more money, just get another second hand bike. I can see that you situation is frustrating but just keep the faith :D

5. harrison

harrison New Member

grrrrrr im not decided im considering making it good. if i took it to a garage and said make it go 55 like all the others do you think they would be able to find and fix the problem? or does anyone live by birmnigham who could help.

6. Vap0ur

Vap0ur New Member

like i said ealier ffs !!![/quote]go down to your bike shop and pay £30 for an hour service.. readdd! if u get the bike serviced they will find the problem !!!

7. harrison

harrison New Member

i have taken the bike when i got my exhaust fitted. they fitted it for me. i got it back and it was slow so i took the bike and said can you de restrict it. they said they had when they fitted it. i had someone check it over and this was correct. do you meant derestricitng or jsut a check over?

8. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    sounds like they dont know what they are doing.

9. aerox_soldier

aerox_soldier New Member

take it 2 another dealler and get a service onit.. and they'll find out wots rong wiv it!!!

10. harrison

harrison New Member

ok ill give it a try ;)

11. Stennett

Stennett New Member

Rides:
    Drive a 106 :(
    well to be honest mnate i had the same problem with my gilera dna and viper ehuast but when i changed the rollers i found my bike doing spped of 50+. Where about in birmingham you live? im not expert but i know how to change rollers though mine own eperience

12. harrison

harrison New Member

solihull. i know how to change rollers but i dont have the tool to get to the rollers. i think i have 5.5g rollers in at the moment and i have a set of 2g rollers that came with the bike i think. i weighed them but scales dont give half grams. what should i be looking to fit if any?

13. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

If you not get a massive ammount of money get a endy exhaust off pmtuning website they got well with aerox and it will go better, it would probably go better with the standard exhaust atm cause viper exhausts are aweful and if you got standard rollers it will be worse, get and endy or a tecnigas exhaust cheap and good performance, dont get a tt my m8 had 1 for bout 3 months and it snapped

14. harrison

harrison New Member

i dont have the standard. its viper with standard rollers i think. how sohuld i tell if its my exhaust. i dont want to buy a new one for nothing.

15. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

well im not being funny but viper pipes are one of the worst performance wise and to get it going quick with 1 wud b mre expensive than buying a new exhaust, i think you shud get an either an endy exhaust, pmtuning exhaust or a tecnigas as they all run well on a aerox but if you want to seriously tune the bike look at the more expensive exhausts. You could also try and get a destricted inlet manifold ive heard it makes a difference but cudn't tell u how much as ive not got round to get one for my ped.

16. harrison

harrison New Member

if i got an exhaust id be lookngi to spend around £100 but im unsure wether this iwll make a difference. i would try and buy the exhaust with orllers and the springs and take it to my garage and get it fitted properly. but if this isnt going to solve my problem there is no point i would be wasting £100

can changing my pipe increase the speed t owhat it sohuld be or is there something else im missing

17. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

if you had the right rollers ur bike wud be better but still not great so getting better a better pipe and have the right rollers wud b a big improvement, although i fink that around 2004 ish they have put a new restrictor in it aerox's because my m8 had a 03 aerox with a endy axhaust and that was it he clocked 65 mph down hill and bout 55mph on the flat but another m8 had an 05 aerox with a pm tuning exhaust (more expensive) and it did 60mph down hill and 50mph flat and there is a couple other cases of this which mad we wonder but its just a theory dont take word. But just to check how quick does ur bike do and wat does it do?

18. harrison

harrison New Member

down hill i get upto 60-65 id say my clock stops at 50 but on flat it will only go about 35. only goes fast down big long hills.

19. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

Did you buy the bike new?

20. harrison

harrison New Member

no its on a 54plate. i got the viper exhaust with it.