My Aerox 50 HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by harrison, Jun 10, 2007.

1. harrison

harrison New Member

Hi everyone im new around here and i could really do with some help. About 1 month ago i got a yamahae aerox 50cc water cooled. everything seems to be fine with it except the speed. I have a viper exhaust which came with it and it does 30-35mph on flat. i have had it checked by a garage and a friends dad who both know what theyre doing. they checked the exhaust and said its beeen de restricted and checked for the washer. they took the kick start and all that off to the belt and checked that washer was gone. i get 30-35 and this cant be right. pelase help me. Im thiknnig about a 70cc kit if nothings works will this improve??

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    stock rollers most probably not letting the engine rev... half rpm means half speed ;)

3. harrison

harrison New Member

well i have new rollers i think in. i have old rollers as well which i got. im not sure which are which but oculd rollers make that much differnece of 30mph :msn1:

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    of course they can if there the wrong weight, there crutial for setup

5. harrison

harrison New Member

thanks so much for your help i appreciate it. so what rollers do you think would give me maximum speed. and also would a 70cc kit work well and is there anything else i can do to increase my speed :p

6. aerox_soldier

aerox_soldier New Member

lose some weight lol

7. haugh

haugh New Member

lmfao :w00t:

8. harrison

harrison New Member

well im off to buy new rolelrs in a few hours. ill see how its goes and tell you the results

9. aerox_soldier

aerox_soldier New Member

is your belt slipping i found that myne slipped so much. making pulling away with any speed impossible. and the top end basically restricted...

10. harrison

harrison New Member

hmm im not sure how can i tell if it is slipping? ive had a look and theres a malossi belt on. i couldnt get the rollers because the shop was clsoed im going up tomorrow

11. harrison

harrison New Member

is there anything else i c ould do or buy to make my bike go faster. im willing to do anything lol. i go out with mates they all have 50cc scooters but can get 50-60. leave me eating dust :(

12. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    somethings definately not right if its derestricted with a derestricted pipe and your only getting 35.

check everything to make sure that its all clean and not worn.

a 70s kit will make a small difference but not that much of a difference, its mainly big on acceleration and engine torque

13. harrison

harrison New Member

well im not very gfood with bikes. i turned 16 last month and this is my frist ever bike. i just tried to get to my rollers but im not sure how. i know where they are but i take the kick start and the cover off and you can see the belt. i then tried to unscrew the bolt but it is fixed on something that jsut keeps spinning round. i have some 2gram rollers with me but im not sure what i have in the bike. how do you losen the bolt to get at them if it keeps spinning?

14. aerox_soldier

aerox_soldier New Member

yer u need a variator locking tool you can get them off internet.... where bouts do you live?? ive got 1 u can borrow if your localish

15. harrison

harrison New Member

birmnigham. and is there anything else i could do that you know of. you seem to like aeroxs :p

16. harrison

harrison New Member

ill see if they have the variator tool in my local bike shop later

17. aerox_soldier

aerox_soldier New Member

okie mate, they might have it but i doubt it.... where do you live mate?

18. aerox_soldier

aerox_soldier New Member

nice aerox mate, how much that set ya back

them viper exhaust are weird int they

19. SR-STEF

SR-STEF New Member

them exhasuts are also shit tbh 2 gram rollers seem stupidilysmall considering the standerd rollers are 5.5g

20. harrison

harrison New Member

well my aerox cost me £700 its 54 reg i got the stock exhaust and a viper with it so i jsut fitted the viper. im thiknig of getting a leo vince TT exhaust. a 70cc kit. im going to buy rollers but i will get new rollers also with the exhaust if i get a new one with springs. but for now im jsut going to buy the orllers