motorhispania rx50

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by suzuki ay screamer, Jan 21, 2009.

1. suzuki ay screamer

suzuki ay screamer New Member

are these bikes any good as i have been offered one at a low price but thought i would consult with you before i made my decision lol.

2. skp50_nofear

skp50_nofear New Member

same as a peugot xr6 aint it?

3. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    Same as the yamaha TZR50, not a bad bike, the build quality is a bit rough and the motors need constant servicing being a fairly highly strund Minarelli AM6

you've got chain and sprockets to keep up with oiling and replacing too. just a bit more maintainence than an auto.

4. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

ok bikes look good, fairly ok if your good with your hands and a good tool kit

bad points:
    they do need constant servicing as wobbly said as they use the min am6 engine, they tend to have a mind of their own and in my opinion are more likely to break as theyve been owned by about 7 ungrateful teenagers who take them to a "track and rag the balls out of them"

main problem that i found during research into getting one was the stand, seen one for real and the stand is badly designed it is not very sturdy so needs repositioning in alot of peoples eyes, weldy weldy time

on the plus side its a motohispania so you dont pay riduculouse prices like you would do for exactly the same thing with APRILIA stamped on it

theyre not bad quality - disc brakes, ok engines etc , very very light and worth about 500 quid in my opinion in good nick

dont spend alot on them though you cant see the rewards and you can easily spend a few hundred trying to tune them up wen you can wait till your 17 and buy a nice 125.

ok bikes but nothing special - get a ped if you can, dont look as good (well apart from the fact you dont have to change 4 gears to get to 27mph..) but better built and more reliable.

5. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

are most geared 50's like this? lol, well unless you piss about with gearing

been on a mates rs50, not half bad, does bout 70 clock speed (i can keep up with him lol).. although another mates rs50 only does 50-55 top end? and i can piss all over him, and i aint even got a 70 kit

6. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    Speaking from derbi 50 experience, if you add 1 tooth on the front and get it to breathe a bit easier then they are pretty good. you've just got to be patient into a headwind and write off 6th gear as a bad job. with a tailwint you can expect 70mph though in top gear. it also depends on how fat you are!

My advice is stick to an auto til you do your test.

7. madphil

madphil New Member

Hello can i ask u lot some questions as i have just brought a rx50