modding gilera ice

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Haseeb, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Haseeb

Haseeb Member

no they are both on there, i have turned the mix screw 2 turns from closed position and the idle screw is about three turns. i havnt taken any out.

2. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    idle/mix skrew are the same ?

3. Haseeb

Haseeb Member

sorry there is another screw, the screw that im talking about i believe controls the pilot jet?

4. Haseeb

Haseeb Member

i just changed the carb cos the old one was leaking, got a 17.5 replacement. now the bike will not start. also there is no fuel coming from the fuel pipe.

also changed the spark plug and is was black in colour, wat does that mean? i have changed th spark plug but it still does not start

5. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Means old plug. Put the idle skrew 3 1/4 turns out. Also might be a good idea to buy a new fuel tap.

6. Haseeb

Haseeb Member

got it started, idle screw is 3 1/4 turns out, thanks.

found what the problem was, the air intake clips were very loose and were letting in too much air, got new clips.....sorted on the throttle problem.

Top speed at the moment is 35mph easy, all i have done is

removed variator rings
    5g rollers
    upjetted from 56 to 58

seems to be picking up alot faster, is that the sort of speed it should be???

also how do you post pics on here?

7. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Yep. Buy a TT exhaust. should hit 45 easily.

8. Haseeb

Haseeb Member

two questions, i want to derestrict my exhaust, i no i have to cut along the red line but do i have to cut along the green? that pipe goes to a second air box with a filter in it.

[​IMG]

also on the carb what does the screw with question mark do? and how many turns from closed position.

[​IMG]

this is how my bike looks at the moment

[​IMG]

9. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    After you de-restrict just pull that box off and pipe. You'll have to crimp/weld the pipe to stop it blowing. Not sure what the skrew does. I just leave mine alone.

10. Haseeb

Haseeb Member

shall i cut both pipes, leave about a inch and then crimp/weld the ends

11. ramo

ramo GoldMember

The pipe that goes nowhere cut it as close to the downpipe as you can and crimp it shut. The length of the other one isn't as important.

Odd that it's still restricted its usually the first thing that gets done..

That screw is the mixture screw. You'll have to adjust it when you tune further but leave it for now

12. Haseeb

Haseeb Member

how do i block the plastic pipe that goes into the air filer. there are two pipes:

1 metal pipe from the exhaust to the air filer that i will cut, then there is another plastic pipe that connects to the filter that comes from the engine it seems

13. ramo

ramo GoldMember

There are 2 pipes in the pic? One of thems a resonance (restrictor) pipe that goes nowhere and ones a catalysed which goes from exhaust to carb (sort of)?

14. Haseeb

Haseeb Member

yes the pipe with the red line has to be cut and the other pipe which has a green line has to be cut aswel, which leads to a filter box, there is a plastic pipe that goes from the other side of this filter box thats connects somewhere.................... i dont no.

how do i block this or what do i do with it cos i think it has something to do with air flow, does that not mean that my bike will start having same problems as before cos of lack of air????

15. ramo

ramo GoldMember

When I had a catalysed ped I just disconnected the pipe from exhaust to the box and left it without any problems. People on here say to remove the whole thing so I'd wait for a second opinion from jonny or someone who did theirs like that..