MBK 100CC OIL PUMP LOCATION 2003

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by YamahaOvetto91, Jun 15, 2020.

1. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Yeah, that's what I'm planning on doing, need to get them working, although when I first put the new battery on and then held back brake to try and start it wanted to go but because the clutch and the variator were so bad it wouldn't turn over, but the point is that the brakes will work once they have been bled and fresh dot4 added, so hopefully won't need to replace any cables for them, pads are easy to do on the front, a little bit of a nightmare for the back but doable in an afternoon

2. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    by the rust on the back pulley,maybe the belt was rusted to the pulley, can happen, so would not turn engine over.
    yes, to do rear brakes, exhaust off any brackets as well just to undo 1 nut

3. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Yeah little bit of a pain but I've got time to do it at the moment so won't take too long

4. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    It needs to be right if going to ride or sell

5. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Yeah, it will be mechanically sound and ready to ride by time I'm done, I will also try to find a body kit for it as well , need the belly part as that's all cracked

6. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Yeah will look good then
    Does it look like this scoot?

[​IMG]

upload_2020-6-22_21-40-18.jpeg

7. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Yeah looks like the first image, with same geneli exhaust on it

8. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    So same as Yamaha Neos
    Most parts do inter change as both the same
    That photo is a 2003 Neos

9. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Strange, looking for a full clutch system cant find 1 anywhere

10. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Maybe because it is french
    need that engine type as other type of engines may fit
    Could be the same as a 125cc engine, but need type of engine and the dimensions of clutch
    Can you get them and have complete clutch with you so can measure ?

11. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

I will have to find out where the engine numbers and that are on the bike, but looking on RacingPlanet they have clutch parts , the clutch bell is 112mm and the clutch shoes are 112mm , they have drop down menus for MBK 100cc ovetto on their

Comes up as an SB042 on their site its the only one that they have for ovetto 100cc and mbk

https://www.racing-planet.co.uk/sco...&level0=4534&olevel2=0&olevel1=0&olevel0=4534

12. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    BE CAREFUL
    That 112mm is a 50cc clutch NOT 100cc, these are around 140mm
    As said need measurements

As said maybe another type of engine will fit as most do but you need height of clutch/pulley,diameter of clutch,with clutch bell
    how many teeth on spline shaft and diameter of shaft

13. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Going to be difficult then, as most of them are only 107mm and 112mm

14. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    My 125cc takes the 140mm clutch and as far as I know there are only 2 sizes made, one for 50cc and 1 for 100cc upwards
    That's why need engine type and dimensions of clutch, as other makes may fit

15. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

have you got the location of where it will say the engine type , eg a Photo of where it should be ? then when i am at the location of the bike (Saturday) i will be able to upload to you on here ?

16. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

YAMAHA 100cc 2 STROKE MOTORS ARE FITTED TO
    • YAMAHA BWS 100, AEROX 100, NEO’S 100
    • MBK BOOSTER 100, OVETTO 100, NITRO 100
    • BENELLI K2 100

17. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

How would I measure the clutch system ? , I'm looking everywhere and cannot find anything for the 100cc over 107 or 112mm for this bike , and it really needs a new or slightly used one , variator is probably the same as well no doubt

18. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    I looked on my old neos 50cc engine , and the engine number is on the belt casing behind the rear shock lower mounting, but only number no type
    I have spent a few hours trying to find what engine types for 50cc and 100cc are of your scoot.
    The 50cc version of yours is a YN50 engine and your 100cc is a YQ100 engine.
    from what I see you can only buy the clutch/pulley in bits and cost around £150, so if that was me take it apart and clean up and reassemble.
    There are videos on You Tube to show you how.
    I have p/m you as found something useful for you but hope I can send it

19. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

The only problem with cleaning it up is that its solid rust on the clutch and variator is so badly scratched the belt would tear in one ride , ideally need to replace , did you locate the parts separately?

20. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    if the clutch shoes are ok you will not have to change clutch so that will drop cost
    I did not take a note of where found parts so will look again as because of cost