MBK 100CC OIL PUMP LOCATION 2003

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by YamahaOvetto91, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    ok thanks
    I've been reading it is the same as the Yamaha Neos, just made in France under a new name, but will try to find out more

2. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Some history for you
    MBK (pronounced [ɛm.be.kɑ]),[1] a subsidiary of Yamaha Motor Company, is a FrenchScooter manufacturer, based in Rouvroy, Picardy, France. The company was first established in 1923 under the name Motobécane and for many years was France's largest manufacturer of motorcycles.

• Yamaha Motor Manufacturing Corporation of America (YMMC) founded in U.S.
    • Yamaha Motor Taiwan Co., Ltd (YMT) founded in Taiwan

• France's MBK becomes part of the Yamaha Motor group

• Technical assistance contract for motorcycle technology signed with Italy's Belgarda S.p.A and Motori Minarelli S.p.A. founded
    • Opening ceremony held for YMC liaison office in Beijing
    • First Yamaha personal watercraft (PWC) "MJ-500T" released
    • Yamaha automobile racing engine "OX66" wins first race in Round 2, the All Japan Suzuka Big 2+4 Race of the All Japan F2 Championship Series

3. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Do you think I'd be able to paint inside that case ? I was thinking a silver inside but not sure , i can sand it down inside and what not

4. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    I would not bother as it gets dirty and will not serve any means
    Just clean out before you assemble back together
    I find that it only gets dust from belt in there so just brush out

5. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Yeah fair enough, hoping to get new parts by end of next week , thank god , need this bike up and running

6. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    I can imagine
    Has been a task to get to this point but we have
    Did you remember to get the engine type number ?

7. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

I couldn't find where any engine numbers were , ill be there on the Saturday working on it again so will take loads of pictures

8. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    yes be nice to see some photos

9. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Not sure what to get rid of all that white stuff inside the cvt case with though, any thoughts ?

10. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    if it is like a white powder/dust it is the aluminium oxidizing, so brush out and just spray WD40 or something to help slow it down,or a thin coat of used oil and put on with a paint brush.

11. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Once it has been slowed down, is there a permanent fix or will have to keep doing that though?

12. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    That is all I did with mine and seems to work OK
    I just sweep out dust when I am in there
    It gets quite warm inside that casing so no moisture gets in to cause corrosion

13. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

I might give it a little rub with some sandpaper to just get rid of it and then wd40 a little inside to protect it from it doing it again, Hopefully, it will stay clean-ish in there as I know the belt wear will cause black dust, etc which is normal, but seems like water must have gotten into there at some point as it's very badly rusted on the clutch side variator was banged up scratched the lot seems like a total mess, but I'm sure that I will get it looking as good as new, I'm going to paint the side casing anyway, so will make sure the whole side is the same color once I have finished putting all the new stuff inside/on the bike itself, i need to change Starter motor as well looks rusted as shit it wanted to turn over but i think that was being prevented because of the clutch and variator so once all that's in ill test again and then update you on it mate

14. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Think your right as very rusted inside
    The starters do get rusty as just in front of rear wheel but once all is done, good idea to check before spending out on a starter motor
    paint outside of casing will look so much better
    I think who ever had it before you had no idea how to maintain it
    I give mine a service about every 6 weeks and check all over it and is good to me
    I got 2 scoots, 1 a chinese 2011 and other a Yamaha Neos 2001, but swapped 50cc 2T engine for a chinese 125cc 4T

15. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Yeah it must have all been jammed up because of rust so not good to the bike, i have already got a starter motor because the other one is rusty and looks shitty, sounds good , I got this cheap as a project, I ride a sinis apache 125 super moto 2017 , its really good bike and the last owner has damaged panels and what not but I have replaced everything just waiting for them to get delivered to me

16. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Sounds good to me
    So will you keep the MBK to ride

17. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

I might just sell it on after its all done up , probably make a fair bit on it tbh, once its back up and riding, need to look at the brakes as well because they are really soft , they touch the handle bars when pulling them in

18. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    I take it the scoot has disc front and shoes rear?

19. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Yeah front disc and Drum brake on the back, ill drain the back brake fluid same with front and top up and flush as much as possible, in the hopes this will pump more around and make them more responsive

20. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    I flush with brake cleaner
    You can get from most motor factors, a small can
    Just leave nipples open to drain over night as it evaporates quite quick, and will get muck out if you pump through after draining brake fluid