maybe not the jet's ?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by bencooperis21, Nov 28, 2006.

1. bencooperis21

bencooperis21 New Member

now i have fitted the engine from my shed about 4 days ago it was not reving right and i fort it was the jet as i am useing stock jet's and a big bore kit but it was not geting the power so i got some more jet's last night and had a go with a 64,66,68,72,76,78,21 but it dont want to run any beter it was runing beter usering the stock 74 jet so i put the 74 back in and i had a little rattle from the side of the engine and i had a look and a roller had some how come out of the variator wood it make the bike not rev up right ?????

i will have a go at rideing it again later as i got to put the engine back in the ped in a bit as i am fitting a gear up set now and cleaning the engine right up

2. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Dont forget that the main jet only affects the high end revs. The mixture screw affects the midrange and the pilot jet handles tickover. If you cant get up to top revs you might need to adjust your mixture screw.

3. bencooperis21

bencooperis21 New Member

on the mixture screw how wood it meen to be set as i fort it was 2and a half out but it dont seem to like it

4. lukamon

lukamon New Member

in = richer out = leaner.

the standard setting is to turn the screw in till it seats lightly, then out 2 1/2 times.

think so, anyway

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    sorry to say but TOTALLY wrong.. the main jet determins full throttle mix, the idle mix controles mixture at idle and the needle controles everywhere inbetween..

it sounds like your roller weight isnt right if it doesent want to rev out fully, try slightly lighter. id investigate HOW it fell out in the first place as there is no way for this to happen whith it all in correctly.

:nerd:

6. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

If youre using a big bore kit it will be gagging for more juice, so you need to throw more in there before you melt your piston.

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    well 73 isnt the stock jet, i usually use sommin like that in a 17.5mm on an ac 70 with a filter.. usually around the 5.2g mark on the rollers..