Lorrys dont give a fuck

Discussion in 'Videos' started by MrXT, Aug 31, 2015.

1. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

I want to know what his excuse was for driving like that. Even after running over the bike hes still trying to drive forward.

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I can understand why the driver took a wide turn into that road, he wouldn't have got the rear end round otherwise without mounting the curb. However that doesn't negate the fact that he didn't look forward to see if anything was coming towards the junction at the same time.
    And thank god for helmet cameras with audio.

3. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Nope, he had two lanes plus some of that painted off space to tunnel lanes into one so essentially he had 3 lanes of space he could have turn outward of the left turn to give the rear more space but he didnt do that he just turned like a mong. Theres no excuse for that shitty driving.

4. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Both myself and stevep are actually lorry drivers (stevep has a hell of a lot more experience than myself) and scootzmadness also holds a class2 HGV licence.

If you look at the video you will see that because of oncoming traffic etc etc there was no way that lorry could of swung out further before it turned, As stevep said its understandable as to why the driver took that corner so wide, if he hadn't he would of gone up on the curb or worse, possibly even ran that little old lady down.

The driver should of looked WAY ahead before making the turn. Can see why he kept going for a tiny moment too, by the time he realised something was up the biker was in his blind spot good and proper.

I have to take corners like that every single day and the key to it is, forward planning.

Lets put it down to shit happens. It was a accident.

Id also like to say before you say the truck driver was driving shitty etc etc, lets see you drive something that big in a place so busy day in day out, A lot of people cant hack it. A lot of people have no idea how hard it is to drive a truck and its really not easy as you think it is to take a corner like that. Lorrys as big as that don't turn on a dime.

Should of planned forward more but shit happens. Pure and simple. Thank god the biker wasn't hurt. Insurance will pay out and replace the bike.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  5. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Saying id like to see you do the same isn't a valid argument i dont have a HGV license and i dont ever want to due to the problems that go with truck driving now. He does have a license as you said forward planning find a route that your vehicle can fit down i do it every day on a bike, if you cant fit down a road find another. I can see 2 lanes of traffic on that side and some painted space to direct traffic into another lane of course he can turn outwards a bit to make the turn and if for some reason he has an issue with depth perception wait until you can turn outwards a bit. He doesn't look down the road before making the turn or he didn't give a shit if that was an older biker who couldn't move as fast he would now be either dead or crippled as far as im concerned thats beyond a shit happens situation and whats worse is if you are in an accident YOU FUCKING STOP then you get the fuck out and you observe the situation before you even attempt to move that complete fuckmook keeps trying to go forward then backwards before even checking if there was a person underneath his bloody truck any driver of a vehicle that large should be planning ahead for his vehicles route and looking down a corner long enough to spot anything you might smash into.

6. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    im not even going to bother replying to such a retarded cunt like yourself. open your eyes dickhead.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Everyone always thinks sensibly during/after an accident don't they,regardless of whether 1.2.3.4 or/wheels.,trying to explain or opportune blame to any party involved is almost an impossibility,unless you were those involved or inside their heads.;).

Stevep likes this.
  8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Keep it to the p.m.'s mate,it'll keep him wondering.;):).

9. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    ladies ladies put your handbags away will ya.

Lorry didn't swing out beforehand because their was other traffic on the road. He should of planned further. Route etc etc wouldn't make any difference, from what I could see that road was big enough for the lorry. He went round so far so he didn't clip the curb, understandable but at the end of the day he should of planned further and waited for the bike to pull out of the junction before performing such a maneuverer.

The rider will now get a very nice insurance payout and the driver has probably lost his job with that company.

@Torpedo01 your the retarded cunt, grow up little boy. or ill tell mummy :D

Stevep and Mark Emerson Trentham like this.
  10. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

It's alright sweetheart I'll give you a moment to change your tampon. I guess you have problems with depth perception as well.

11. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

You should always think sensibly behind the wheel of a very large vehicle. The larger than vehicle the higher chance of a fatality.