Listening to music/Talking to other riders

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Ty_, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Ty_

Ty_ New Member

Hi everyone, been riding a scooter around 18 months. There's 2 issues I'd like to sort, ideally at the same time.

1) Listening to music. I'd like to listen to music when riding, especially when it's for hours at a time. Recently I've tried a small 3W bluetooth speaker which works reasonably well. However it's next to impossible to hear once you hit 30MPH and I can't hear the bass properly which ruins a lot of the songs. I'd like to avoid in-ear headphones as they can be distracting

2) Talking to another rider. I like to go riding with a friend when the weather's nice, however we have no real way to communicate.

Best case scenario would be dealing with both issues at the same time, but any solution I'm open to. I've tried a system where you put flat speakers inside the helmet and have a speaker control on the side, however the clip snapped off after a couple of weeks which puts me off trying those sorts of headsets. Also, the additional bulk of a speaker permanently attached to the side of a helmet prevents me keeping my helmet under the scooter seat.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    BT headset like this one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JQWQ3AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i been using this for the past year, allows you to speak with other rider/pillion ( but you gotta be fairly close, for more money you can get 1000m ranges ) , it pipes music direct from your iphone/android straight to the headset, comes with dual mini speakers that sit inside the helmet where your ears are and has a boon mic so you can talk.

you can make / recieve calls / listen to the inbuilt fm radio or your mp3 player on phone, you can talk to pillion/riders if you and them have headsets compatable . a nice feature is after 15 rings the device auto answers your phone . its charged via usb and takes a couple hours . has two methods of fitting to lid , a sticky based pad or a clamp mount system . you can see the device on my avatar image left side, the device clips into the mount and can be removed for charging and/or storing lid when needed by rider .

if your mate is interested you can purchase the dual kit and save a couple quid , connecting to another device is done via bluetooth linking the two devices to each other ,. once done you tap the cenetr of jog wheel to answer a call or enable coms between riders/passenger.
    speakers a slim line flats and come with velcro pads so can be removed and swaped to other motorcycle helmets ( i have mine set up for both my dual sport lid and my race like lid )

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

As TC said above, I use the BT intercom system on my tourers across Europe, taking calls at, hang on........70mph........+10%..........77
    no more than 77mph..............................great

4. Phil@Notts

Phil@Notts Member

As above but mine only cost £25.45 current price (think it Was a few quid more - currency rates at the time I purchased it maybe?) - cannot confirm about intercom use but for music it works and at a tenth of the price of Sena
    The only bits of advice - use Paypal and don't use the volume control on the headset use the volume control on your mobile/bluetooth device

http://www.gearbest.com/motorcycle-parts/pp_264923.html

HTH

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I just sing to myself :/