Lexmoto valencaia 50cc scooter derestrict help

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by jamescorky, Jan 22, 2021.

1. jamescorky

jamescorky New Member

Hi my son recently got a lexmoto valencaia 50cc scooter and it was sitting for a few months due to his losing his job due to covid. Any found it wouldn't start so got on YouTube for imfo on Chinese bikes and didn't find much about the lexmoto valencaia 50cc. I have experience with motercycle years ago I used to help my brother restore old bsa nsu scooter s and lots of old bikes. But since then bikes have changed to electric start ect so I m learning it all again.
    To the point. I want to unrestrict the valencaia 50cc.and I ve seen lots of helpful stuff online. However I would be grateful for any helpful tips from you guys like what parts I have to buy. Do I need a bigger carbrator or just change the jets. Any tips at all would be appreciated. Im not looking to turn this into a racing bike just get a bit more speed to make it safe to ride in traffic and maybe go up hills. Thank you in advance for your help kind regards James.
    I was also wandering if a big bore kit would be useful to me or would I then need to change the carbrator.
    Thanks again for the advice

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Lots restricted via electrical system nowadays,check cdi replacement;).

3. jamescorky

jamescorky New Member

Thank you Mark I'll try that. I ordered an unrestricted one from ebay. And I ll fit it next week.

4. jamescorky

jamescorky New Member

Hi again. I would also like to know if it is also riestricted in the carbrator. And if there is a washer inside the kickstartthat can be removed. Ive seen videos of this but only on other bikes

5. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Is there a black wire coming out the top of transmission cover near front top side ? An 80cc barrel is a good choice but it won't give it masses of speed increase, it will just pull better and hold it's speed, you'll just need to fit a bigger main jet in carb.

Paul Flatt likes this.
  6. jamescorky

jamescorky New Member

Thanks for your reply Marsh I agree about the 80cc barrel and will probably get one soon. I cant see a black wire. I also cleaned the carband but couldnt get the bike started. I finaly got it going with some carb cleaner in the air intake but it wouldn't run for more then a few seconds before cutting out. I tried to start it again today no luck even with carb cleaner. Ill check the spark plug later. And then the battery see if it needs charging. Also the fuel in the tank is five months old Im wandering if that could be a problem.

7. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Definitely.