Led lights

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by Nrgpowerdd60, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Nrgpowerdd60

Nrgpowerdd60 New Member

Rides:
    Nrg power dd 2010
    Is there any possible way I can wire in led lights behind my front grill on my nrg power Dd 2010 model?

2. speedy-demon

speedy-demon ■□■□■□■□■□■□

Rides:
    Like a pro
    yeah you can only use white and i think amber facing forward, you will need to have a little knowledge in electrics to wire it up properly with a fuse and switch or you could risk melting wires or blowing up electrical boxes like CDI's and relays. its simple but if you happen to get a wire caught somewere and it earths out a live cable it could end up in tears.. i could sketch up a basic wireing loom if you want?

3. Nrgpowerdd60

Nrgpowerdd60 New Member

Rides:
    Nrg power dd 2010
    Yes please would be a great help!!

4. speedy-demon

Rides:
    Like a pro
    okay ill draw one up and upload a pic when i get time, im abit buzy latley but ill try my best to help asap

5. speedy-demon

Rides:
    Like a pro
    This one uses the frame as an earth, the best option. you dont need a fuse but theres a risk of burning out your loom if you dont have one.
    [​IMG]

or this one has the wire instead of using the frame as earth.
    [​IMG]

6. wild foamy

wild foamy New Member

As above mentioned :)

Personally for LEDs i would piggy back them off the sidelight or main light providing your lamp fuse is large enough to accomodate the extra load, Ohms law is the key there.

Assume the running voltage is 12v, you need to measure the current draw when the lights are on (35w/12v = 2.93 Amps), a single white LED will use approximately 100mA (0.1amp), so if you were using an LED strip like THIS 24x0.1=2.4amp, you would need to check that your lighting fuse is more than 5.33amp

hope this helps bud, i recently wired in a 500-LED strip underneath my classic mini so let me know if there's anything else you need :)