Kymco Agility 125 - Changing the brakes?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by kingzforever, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

They're fine.
    But if they sound like they're scraping, you could well already have sintered pads in there.
    If you look at the face of the pad they should look very copper colour, quite a large amount of copper flakes on the surface in the material.

PS. wasn't so hard was it..................

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    like stevep says they got plenty of meat , disc pads are always in contact with the disc itself so you may hear a little rubbing noise ( my pads do this )

3. kingzforever

kingzforever New Member

Hey guys, I was thinking about something. I realized I was using the right handbrakes most of the time and barely used the left handbrakes. So it make sense that the rear shoe brakes is making the grinding noise.

I did a test by using the left handbrakes and it didn't make a noise but a little slower to brake. Was thinking if the shoe brake does most of the braking if one was to us both at the same time?

4. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

The pads look fine but showing the side doesn't prove it reallty, they have a level line on pads which shows when they need replacing. Basically if they wear below that line you replace them. The scrapping sounds could just be dirt and rust, clean the shit out of them as well as the brake disk which often gets a bit of surface rust on them and then reassemble and test. Also make sure your brake fluid is topped up.

5. kingzforever

kingzforever New Member

Guys finally got the part in woohoo. I am just going to replace it all to be on the safe side. So I have both brake pads and rear/drum brake shoes as well as some brake fluid.

Gonna be interesting with the brake shoe. I found a youtube vid and looks pretty straight forward.

6. kingzforever

kingzforever New Member

Case close fixed it myself.

Ghost town forum of the decade!

7. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

You got two pages of replies you ungrateful little shit stain.

Stevep likes this.
  8. kingzforever

kingzforever New Member

Haha eat a dick cunt!!