KTM

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by WOLFFY, Apr 13, 2008.

1. -Grant-

-Grant- New Member

bell-end :bird: but you dont get what im saying ive said it about 4 times now so read back.

2. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    I've just said that you don't need to use the clutch when just riding around normally if you do it smotthly. If you was hammering it then it would be a different story. So I think you should read back :bird:

3. -Grant-

-Grant- New Member

tell me something... what is the reason to not using the clutch?

4. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    There isn't. But I noticed that my dad used to sometimes not use it when we was out on the R6. Didn't hear the gearbox grind once.

5. -Grant-

-Grant- New Member

at what point did i say the gearbox did grind whendoing it?

6. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    You didn't :bird: But you was making out as if it was the worst thing you could do to your gearbox if you didn't use the clutch. And normally when you damage your gearbox you will get a grinding noise.

7. -Grant-

-Grant- New Member

i wasnt sayin its the worst thing you could do to the gearbox i was sayin that people do it to get a quick shift and to knock some time off of their lap times and you was saying that you would only do it when going slow and use clutch when going fast which just kills the hole point not to use the clutch.

8. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Well I'm not talking about not using it every time I changed gear. The only time I wouldn't use it is if I was racing some one or going slow and couln't be bothered to use the clutch. But I was talking about superbikes when not using the clutch. And I know that not using it will give you a quicker gear change as I do it on my mates Senda otherwise you loose the powerband on it.

9. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

for fuck sake you two :rofl:

if it has got a clutch fucking use it isnt their for nothing.
    or is would be a semi-auto :bird:

just use the fuking thing !!!!! :cool:

10. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

semi auto's engage the clutch as you shift the gear, as i used to hold the gearshifter up, rev it, let go and wheely me mates c90 back in the day looool

and yeah, got a clutch use it, when i found out my clutch cable was very close to snapping (8 or so strands holding it on) i used it to pull off but changed gears with no clutch just to get me to a motorbike shop, it works but it dont feel healthy :wtf:

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    clutch for town riding an nice smooth downchancges.. NEVER use the clutch when your giving it up through the gears as its alot faster (i can change gear overly quyick on a geard bike) only need the clutch to go down gears.

anyone who is arguing this fact ether doesent have a geard bike or knows it all. you DONT use a clutch on a bike when over 5k rpm thats WHY its a sequencial synchro geaerbox.

12. foxy-roxy

foxy-roxy New Member

on my kx ive only not used th clutch once and it felt so grippy in the gears and got speed more quickly(obviously)but i would never advise someone not to use the clutch.but if minor tell's you to not use the clutch,just dont use the clutch lol

13. lol

lol New Member

on scrambles ie ktm kx rm yz cr all them bike they got a (slip clutch ie crash clucth) that alows u to change gear with out a clucth and change down with a cluth and let it out to slow u down better and change gear alot quicker u try and grab the cluthe leaver on a really bumpe motorcross track mits harder than u think ;)

14. -Grant-

-Grant- New Member

how is your bum feeling minor :bird:

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    fine thanks... hows your hair now your workin at the salon? (well can only guess your a hairdresser by the car your driving about in)

16. -Grant-

-Grant- New Member

hairs fine and the job in the salon is good

17. Jamie1st

Jamie1st New Member

I race motocross,, have for about 6 years now.

I never use the clutch (some times when chaging down when I dont need the engine braking I do), and have never had a gearbox go and thats through a whole years of racing(change the bike each year).

You're advised to change the piston on a KTM SX125 (most recent 2stroke I have had, 4st these days) roughly every 25 hours. So i'm guessing that the little 65 would need it replacing a few hours earliya.

Oh, and why the foook would you want a 65 on the road?!?! It would blow up every 5 mins and the top end would be shiite on the roads. Common, little 9 year olds race them haha.

xD

18. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Well I'm not being funny, I can get the 65 cheap enough off a mate, and round where I live, there is about 3-4 bits of road where top end will matter.....
    Any ways, I'm either gonna get a CR85/125 now.

19. Jamie1st

Jamie1st New Member

Lol. Suppose it would be funny.

Defffo go for the 125 and change the gearing for on the road, that would be much better! :cool:

20. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Yeah I'm split between the 85 & 125....
    And my birthday is 1st November.... So I miss the change over of restricted bike tests by a month!!! :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm:
    125's are 41 bhp I think, not too sure what the 85's are.
    So I need to try and find a restrictor kit for a CR125.