KTM

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by WOLFFY, Apr 13, 2008.

1. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Does any body know what is involved to get a motocross bike on the road?
    Don't really know where to start, Was just looking for some pointers.
    Cheers

2. foxy-roxy

foxy-roxy New Member

for night time use you have to put a loom headlight indi's and brake light.im not sure how to get it road legal

3. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc
    ern

yea all lights have to work. you must have both brakes erm thats it really lol and mot'ed

4. connor

connor Active Member

got to ring the DVLA up an tell them ao the can issue you with a number plate and log book.

5. alex_1966

alex_1966 New Member

mostly will just involve indicators headlights brakelights etc , also maybe the exhaust , and defenetly the tires

6. connor

connor Active Member

yeah you have to make the exhuast quiter i think. i also think you can get away with push bike lights an indis.?

7. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc
    nah push bike lights arent strong enough there should be a lenght or distance for it to beam to

8. connor

connor Active Member

oh right. bang a day time mot on it an just use them maybe? or by a whole wireing loom an mod ur own lights on it ?

9. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc

yea lol just get a loom and fit it on to ur bike but most of the dirt bikes have a light dont they ive seen a midi motor dirk bike a red one in colindale always parked in front of cafe anglais he has got lights on it :confused:

10. connor

connor Active Member

if its a kmt i am ashooming its a proper crosser?. an made for track days so wont have no electrics what so ever. its more field bikes an little mees around bikes that have built in lights.

11. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc
    but u can easially make ur own light source like connect it to direct battery on use it at nights im sure it wont run out.

12. connor

connor Active Member

it will last about half an hour seriously. but we are kind of spamming. :emb: sorry.

best thing i could suggest ring the DVLA up and ask them what the best way to go about it is.

13. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc
    lol sorry for spamming but we are not out the topic most important thing is the light and indicators mate :)

14. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
  15. Crana

Crana Active Member

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Mot/DG_10016070

Thats all it needs for an M.O.T ;)

16. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Cheers for that ;) :beer:

17. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

to do this you need road legal dot approved tyres, road legal lighting, brake lights indicators, numberplate bracket with num plate light, i think they need orange reflectors either side of the forks and a red one on the rear? road legal exhaust whats e marked...

then you need to put it through an sva test which is a really anal mot, once thats done i think you need to insure it via the vin number then and only then will the dvla give you a reg number..

so basically dont bother, theyre highly tuned and run lean so they need a new piston every 10 hours or so? just get a dt lol :D

18. connor

connor Active Member

so basically don't bother, theyre highly tuned and run lean so they need a new piston every 10 hours or so? just get a dt lol :D[/quote]

but realy they will piss on most biks on back roads for fun :cool:

19. lol

lol New Member

if i was u i would never put my ktm on the road as the ktm r race bikes and should not be yoused on the road they will blow up sooner or later and ktm aint the most relible bikes r they its not worth it K keep T takeing M money ;)

20. foxy-roxy

foxy-roxy New Member

when we go out on the kx80's and pit bike's we piss over most bikes on the road.and my kx does not run LEAN.