Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

katana!

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by lukegaigerscooter, 8 May 2010
lukegaigerscooter#1
Hi,
I recently got a suzuki katana scooter. Its the liquid cooled model, and I think it's the 2000 model. I am completely new to scooters.

I'm 15, so I am "doing it up" at the moment until next march, when I can ride it.

It's pretty standard, with just an upgraded exhaust.

I was just wondering where the best sites are to get upgrade parts for it?
What are the best first few upgrade parts to get for it?

I am also looking for a new fairing set for it, where can I get this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Luke :)
Spectre#2
Ebay is your best bet to get fairings and other body parts. type in "AY50" and see what comes up. You can fit the face lift ones but the front will need the rad subframe too :)

I've been glancing over http://www.scooter-attack.com for a few days and there's loads of upgraded bits and bobs for the katana,

If its that old it'll probably be due a top end rebuild by now, Whats its top speed? Do you know if it has decent compression?
lukegaigerscooter#3
Ok, Thanks a lot "spectre".

Yeah, don't worry, it's being rebuilt + stripped down right now, as my dad is a mechanic haha.

Thanks for your help! :D

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Runner VX Exhaust4 replies11 May 2010
im back, going to build a 1729 replies11 May 2010
Cbt Retake12 replies11 May 2010
What Ones Better4 replies10 May 2010
What other front suspension will fit Speedfight 2?7 replies8 May 2010
piaggio zip exhaust weight?0 replies6 May 2010
sr 172 for sale soon1 replies4 May 2010
4 stroke runners1 replies3 May 2010
aerox panel's0 replies3 May 2010
1994 Skipper LX1255 replies1 May 2010