It ain't a Suzuki, it's a Yamaha!

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Stevep, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Fizzy

Fizzy Who needs L-plates...

Rides:
    2010 Jog RR
    Any update on the old RS100?

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Little bit yeah, it's all in bits now, got sidelined for a while because of other peoples stuff.
    Been locating new old stock parts, found loads in Thailand and India, postal costs are horrendous but if i can get several bits from the same seller I should get a better deal; then there's the import duty to deal with.
    I really want to find a replacement set of fork tubes though.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

cmsnl? pricey, but they have lots of stock, i guess a lot of parts fit right over from other yammys too? my screwzuki was like that anyway

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Sorting out all the bits for the re-chroming people.
    It's all going in on Friday for them to assess and quote.

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Just ordered new wheel rims. £90 for the pair, free delivery from Italy.
    Got some shotblasting to do tomorrow, prepping parts for painting, also for chroming, things that are currently painted and shouldn't be.
    Parts for chroming are in a box, will go down monday morning i hope.

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Just ordered new spokes.
    The frame is in remarkably good condition, as is the swing arm.
    I might just give it a rub down and spray over.
    Looks like there is only 4 parts going to the chromers, fork tubes, rear grab rail and handlebars.

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

New rims and spokes turned up yesterday,:D need to get on with the hubs now before giving the whole chi-bang to my mate for him to build them up and true them

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Now I realise why this bike's metalwork is still in decent condition.
    It's looks like it's been powder coated with two coats. Or a plastic/polyester top coat.
    Damn it's tough stuff.
    I'm having to partially strip through it with a wire cup brush on the angle grinder before putting it in the shotblaster for a total clean.
    But it's getting there.
    I'll get some pics up a bit later.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

how often do you use your shotblaster? im considering buying one, but unsure how much i will use it, guess when you first buy it everything goes through there? need to get a compressor first, well a leakproof garage would be higher priority

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I use the shotblaster whenever I think it will be better for prepping or getting into those really hard to clean places that you can't get into with normal cleaning things.
    Don't use it so much, just whenever. But a really useful thing to have at your disposal.
    You do need a good sized powerful compressor to run it to full capacity, mine uses about 11 cubic foot per minute to run at a constant 115psi.
    Easy enough to build your own cabinet too, to your own sizes, and more importantly, to the height you want.

11. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Strippingstrippingstripping................................o_O