Insurance,Tax & MOT.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mark Emerson Trentham, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Apparently,you can ride your bike to a pre-booked MOT(without having one) - provided your taxed &insured,? is,can you tax & insure your bike without an MOT?,and if not -does that mean/legally.you have to have it transported to the testing station.

2. rossm

rossm Member

No you can not tax a bike without the MOT, you can ride it to the testing place without MOT & tax but must be insured and you must have a pre-booked MOT

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    ?,can it be insured without t&t,or do i just take a chance.with a 1 mile push to the testing station an tax&insure it when it passes.?

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

it can be insured without tax and test, thats not a problem. lots of people have stuff that they dont use, but insure it for theft and whatnot.

5. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    You can ride to and from a pre booked MOT with just insurance, if it fails you can ride it to a place of repair (home). Tax it when it passes. Simple. Plod can't do nout as long as its pre booked and you are actually on your way there.

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

and taking the shortest available route, not the scenic way

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    They'll never take me alive......:).

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i remember when i lived in enfield i rang the mot place and told them i was coming sometime beteween opening and closing time..... they were pretty cool guys, cant remember the name of the place though

9. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    There's a bike shop/not 1/2 a mile from me,mainroad - flexi with times on occasion.case a Despatch Rider pops by,looking into making appt.'s and the cancellation policy time frame...with the shop clued up,thinking of setting appt.on a repeating cycle till sorted as work may interfere - cause if it's there an i'm breathing/walking/no limbs hanging off/i'm taking the shift.;).