Hyosung SD50 Fully Custom build.

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by edge2k, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Vesta

Vesta New Member

Lol i like your style mate ;) And Aint Hysosung Korean? they make a beasty looking 125 the love it on another forum

[​IMG]

Even has the R of a Gixxer so it must be quick :w00t:

2. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    i raced 1 of them when i had my gilly and he said it did 90, it did 65 on my garmin :msn1:

3. edge2k

edge2k New Member

yeah you are right it is Korean made, a buddy at work has the GT650R sportbike and it is pretty sick, but the scooter i have is just basically the entry level model but iv only seen a few of sportier ones but for the money, they arent terrible. my next will definatly be a 150cc though just not to sure which model yet...something more aggressive looking... but thats in the future, i still have my motorcycle to ride untill then lol.

4. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

yer im really looking forward to this project. got any pics or your car aswell dude? :D

5. edge2k

edge2k New Member

thanks, i appreciate all the posetive feedback

you can find my 2003 chevy blazer build up on www.layitlow.com heres the direct link.

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.ph ... pic=324912

[​IMG]

its kind of a mess, pics and ideas are scattered about so i would skip a few pages in since iv changed almost completely from the original ideas lol

6. numanoid1704

numanoid1704 New Member

subs

bloody hell!! suprised your not deaf :w00t: :punk:

7. edge2k

edge2k New Member

Re: subs

lol, its a work in progress i still havent gotten to hear all 12 subwoofers playing, my resin is on the way though and it will be playing by the 27th for a carshow in central florida right along with the scooter which has been named (medium pimpin) for a car club we are trying to start called (street police)

hyosungsf likes this.
  8. aerox_luke

aerox_luke New Member

hoysung used to make parts for suzuki

hyosungsf likes this.
  9. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit

yep, and this project is wicked, defo keeping my eye on this

10. edge2k

edge2k New Member

i filled in most of the rough edges and big gaps with bondoglass (i know it isnt the best product to use but its what i have available, if i had my choice i would be using duraglass) anywho... its still rough in and around some of the tight spots and edges where i stapled around the screw holes.

[​IMG]

i sprayed a coat of 1k primer over the panel so i can see all the small imperfections to make sure that i sand them all down.

[​IMG]

this is the can primer i use, its the best that i have found i get i from the local paint store.
    [​IMG]

If i had the time i would order and use 2k primer from www.kustomshop.com i dont know if that would help you guys overseas but the prices are good and they have a huuuuge supply of auto paints and products.

11. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Ya don't hang about do ya lol, that's quick progress.

That primer, is it more of a filler primer then? Like gets rid of some of the little imperfections? Or what do you use to fill in the little imperfections because you seem to get it sorted straight away.

12. edge2k

edge2k New Member

sorry lol, i skip a few in betweens sometimes, basically i have my own method of filling imperfections, its hard to see from the picture but just to help me see exactly what needs to be fixed (nothing worse then "thinking your ready to paint, after getting everything out and having to go back") but i use the high build primer to fill in tiny pinholes and normally when i have a big piece im working on if theres a lot of small indents and holes and small uneven spaces thats to big for the primer i take body filler and fiberglass resin and mix them together about 60/40 and i brush it over the whole panel, you do still need to use mekp to activate it though. it fills in and is pretty much self leveling its a good trick to remember for time samving, plus its super easy to sand.

13. edge2k

edge2k New Member

so, im at work on break and clicking through the forums in the "how to derestrict your scooter" page it says for hyusung it lists these

Hyosung
    Avanti Inlet, Vario, Electronic
    SF50 Inlet, Electronic

=/ and im not going to pretend what those are so... could some one maby help me out a little and explain that so i can get this thing running a little bit quicker.

Thanks
    ~Edge

hyosungsf likes this.
  14. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    cdi will be restricted mate, also a restricer in your inlet manifold and one in the transmission, behind the variator :D hope that helps.

dec :beer:

hyosungsf likes this.
  15. edge2k

edge2k New Member

=/ can you elaborate a little more on the cdi mod and the inlet manifold, or maby point me in a direction to find out some more (keep in mind im not really an engine guy so lol, just assume in retarted)

16. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    haha well if you know where the carb is, check the big tube it goes into, this is your inlet, there should be something restricting the flow of fuel, im not too sure with the cdi especially on a hyosung, but try and invest in a performance one from somewhere, try the usual places. scooter-centre, scooter attack, easyparts etc, and the variator is part of your transmission, its behind the fan pulley behind your transmission casing, you will need an air gun to remove this or any means of stopping the crank turning (carefully :p ) and once your behind the pulley there should be a big chunky ugly washer in there to restrict the bikes gearing.

hope you understand, apologies if you dont, im shit at explaining :pimp: hope it helps

dec :p

17. edge2k

edge2k New Member

nahh, thats helps alot im just not familiar with the part names really, as long as i have an idea of how it works and what to do i can figure it out, but ya i know exactly what your talking about as far as the intake man now, i think i have a little kind of cone shapped piece there im just not to sure what to do with it lol and i shouldnt have a problem getting the washer off i found pics and basic instructions to do that.

But for the cdi, is it just in the programming?? or is it made to to do a specific task that cant be altered and is that why i would need to buy a performance one. (it would be great if some one could link me to a specific model that they are familiar with)

:D :D :D

Thanks alot man.

18. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

i know that on one of the peugeot peds that is restricted at the CDI you have to cut the green cable thats wrapped around it. but dont do this quite yet as im not sure iff its the same on your scoot. hopefully somebody will be able to elaborate

19. edge2k

edge2k New Member

iv only found 1 thing online with some one looking for the same answer and it was more of a "i THINK i only have to cut the blue wire" kind of deal, that just didnt seem to be very realistic to me so.. yeah, i dont mind spending the money on parts to improve the quality i just want to learn more about what they do mostly.

..and i guess i should ask now before i dump put 400-500 dollars into this thing on performance parts, if i go all out and do a 70cc cyl upgrade kit, new clutch and springs, rollers, jets, exhaust, cdi, and de-restricting and what ever else what "realistically" could i expect to see as far as speed and acceleration (preferably in mph american remember lol) and how practical would that be to do on something that may be a daily rider.

20. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    polini evo setup is probably the best in my eyes, a few people on here have had these and from wat i'v heard they hit a true 70-80mph :punk: