how to setup and fit a 25mm carb

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by WOLFFY, Dec 3, 2008.

1. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    Get some vids up a 25mm carb transformed my 180 :w00t:

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i dont begrudge anyone helping, its encouraged.. saves me doing so much (lazy bastard i am) but ye.. gotta be through (especially with epople who cant tell an overflow from a fuel pipe LOL)

btw wolfy.. www.dellorto.com EVERYTHING you need to know about your carb/parts.. theres another site ill dig out somwhere wiht a 28 page setup guide on dell carbs (ducatimedia page)

3. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Cheers for the help fellas. Really appreciate it.
    Just spent the past hour cleaning the bike :D
    Its a bit shit until about 10mph then it clears up and fucking flys :D
    That was cold, once its warmed up a little bit, cant keep the front down :D :D

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if your sitting at idle then snap quickly to half throttle and it bogs, wind the idle screw out a 1/4 at a time till it go's.. if theres a bog when you snap from idle to full throttle the jets a bit big, also the thing will be slightly faster just off of full throttle if its rich..

25's dont like stock clutch setups btw. dont matter what you have, that lazy boggy spot wont go untill you put some blue's in there

5. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

This is one of the best topics I've read in a long time. Definately saving this one. All you need to know on fitting the 25mm and setting it up, will do me well when I get mine on. I got the 25mm but not a bike to put it on :rofl:

Good work people :punk:

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    its all old news.. been discussed MANY time's.. if somone fancies takin some pics of them takin there cartb off an puttin a 25 on feel free.. ill write a lil guide up an bang it in the guides section.

same with anything really.. if you know how to do somthing inside out then do it, take some pics and send it to admin@scootershack.co.uk. the more guides there are the less repetative questions there are ;)

if you all put in half what you gwet out of the place it will growq into a real plethora of information and opinions ;)

7. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300
    just throw a bloody 102 jet in air/fuel 2 and a half our like every1 else does and ull be fine lol

8. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    I think I turned it out 3 times. Apparently it's already jetted for a 172? lolz

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    u buy it from psn or somthing? they were takin the piss chargin 130 for a carb "jetted to suite a 172" befor now... nobody can jet a carb for a bike they know nothing about. whoever thye fuck they are

10. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

This topic is straight to the point, no spam, everything there, no bickering or anything. Exactly what you need to know and will use it for fitting mine. I'll make a guide when I come to put it on if there isn't one within me getting a runner again ;)

11. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Na bought it off ryan. He bought it off a mate, gonna whip the float bowl off tomorrow and have a look.
    Tbh once its been running for a couple of mins, you can open it full whack and it doesn't bog at all.

12. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

i got it off nrg andy

he said was jetted to suit a 172

13. one7twoboi

one7twoboi New Member

where the fuck is he now days?
    :wtf:

14. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    not on the comp much.. still about tho.

15. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

comes on msn like every month for like a min lol

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    to ask about his barrel i had for over a month now :emb: half way there.. LOL

17. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

whats he doing ?

18. rideorcollide

rideorcollide Active Member

Rides:
    TYPH 172
    looks the same as mine, wtf is petrol, oil is oil and petrol is vac..

*malossi editingz* just saw the replys and your question sees to have been answered already, its not a premix one though i dont think, it has the same oil feed as this one i have on my table right now :pimp:

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    nah its obv not a premix one.. just couldent see the fittings in the first pic...

20. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Yeah my bad. shitty replacement phone.