How to PROPERLY fit a crank

Discussion in 'Videos' started by alexsr70, Nov 2, 2008.

1. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

this is not a how to video, if you fuck up then YOU fucked up not my fault lol

Bearings going in!

Crank going in!

And cases together!

Done!

2. Samuel

Samuel New Member

nice how come you not doing any of the work alex??

3. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

WTF i did all the case work and holding that camera was fucking hard work lol, but ye i needed minor to prove to me that it really dont take that long to do.

seriously it took him like 10mins if that to fit seals, bearings, cases and make sure it was all sealed up good

4. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    handy little vids there for the rox crew

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    AHEM.. all the case work? LOL most of... ha ha ha ha..

just need some more bits now an its golden..

6. Speedy 172

Speedy 172 Active Member

minor makes it look so easy :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm:

7. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    :confused:arc:

its as easy as it looks fella

8. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

I actually thought it was alot harder than that? When there is advise given that you shouldn't attempt to fit a crank if you don't know what you're doing. What can go wrong? Always thought there was more to it?

9. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

no offence buts that like minors wot 200th rebuild??? so it really is skill that you need aswell as experience.

untill i personally see a vid like that again posted up on shack then i wont believe ANYone can fit cranks as quickly and easily as this, except of course the tdr boys and the few and i mean few exceptions

10. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    minor makes it look so easy :D

have the bearings been froze? and how long were the cases heated for as on my rebuilds ive always put the bearings in first but ive had to use a puller i made to get the bearings in properly

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    bearingds an crank at room temp. seals in place befor the bearings and verry carefull with the heat.. its not just the putting it in, its the centering/end float thats important. and yes it looks easy. but it really isnt as easy as youd think. cant get the cases too hot or they warp and as for the oil seals.. well 50 seals sit at a funny depth so its easier to put them in first than fuck about messuring them after.

feel free to try, will end up using a hammer im sure

12. seanwhite06

seanwhite06 New Member

Rides:
    runner 172, zx6r
    its easy when you know how, but buy a fucked engine and fuk it up sum more before you try on your own. ;)

dad taught me how to do this on the crossers many years ago now, and im doing them on my own now too!
    done my 172 the other month and yes i am pleased to say it went together just like minors! :D

13. alex_1966

alex_1966 New Member

wow :msn1: you make that look so easy

ecksman takes me back to mc convention days :pimp:

14. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

What I mean't by it was I didn't know what was involved in fitting a crank, and minor obviosly makes it look easy. And as minor said just above, it's more than it looks and I bet it is if my time comes to fit one I'm sure I won't find it easy.

My dad seen the vids and wanted to know about the sealant, about 3 seconds from the end of the last vid. Shows some going inside the casings, how would you get this out?

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    theres a bit that smears round. you put your finger in the reed window and drag from the boost port back.. same with the bottom of the red window. i put lots on here and round the pump.. long cotton buds come in handy for the bottom of the case but if put on right it only spits out where you want it.. bottom of the case was tidy as... just the shit match on the reed area and pump notiroity makes me throw extra on.

16. GRIMEZ

GRIMEZ New Member

you made it look so easy, it actually made me wana do my own but i really dont think i should!

17. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    thats wat i thought a while ago, then thought fuck it, if i dont try i'l never learn.

done it, and was well sweet.

18. GRIMEZ

GRIMEZ New Member

i know the videos look simple minor but is there owt else you did behind the scene sort of thing lol

19. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

nope you saw the whole fitting process.....

20. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Cheers minor, I've let him know ;)

Nice work, good to see some vids, maybe some more vids of doing other things may be good.......if you wanted to :rofl: