How to prevent soft seizing

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by James zip, Mar 21, 2019.

1. James zip

James zip New Member

Hi today I was out on my piaggio zip 2t AC which has a 70 kit and the engine cut out I thought it may have soft siezed as it has done it before and when I came to a stop I tried the kick start and it wouldn’t move so I knew it had seized so I left it for while and it started back up again and was wondering what I could to prevent this. it did this at around 45mph and even though I don’t need to go this fast very often sometimes I do and it’s annoying that I can’t I was thinking of buying heavier rollers so the rpm increases at a higher speed would this help or should I do something else?

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Any idea what rpm it's doing at 45 at the moment? If it's already high any mods to increase it might make the little engine explode.

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Engines have to be run in properly, thats 300 miles, at least on a 2T.
    Gently gently......or dip into the piggy bank and buy a stock of pistons and barrels.
    I had this when I did the Katana, took ages to run in properly, but flew after that.

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Or jet it right and let it warm up before giving it the beans.
    Good oil helps too
    Castrol or motul

5. James zip

James zip New Member

Stevep I did around 200 miles going about 35 and have done around 100 doing 40 but just want a little past that accidentally and that happened do you think it’s because it still needs properly running in

6. James zip

James zip New Member

Milo2025 not sure on how much rpm it’s running at when it’s doing 45 and the only other mods are an open air filter and a sports pipe

7. James zip

James zip New Member

scubabiker I’m using Castrol oil and it’s got a 90 jet it feels right with that size but does that sound right?