How many turns idle speed screw

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Mimile, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Mimile

Mimile New Member

I have Piaggio fly 50 4t 4v 2011 and recently, my carb heater broke and my scooter wouldn't start.
    At first, I did not know it was that and I tried to adjust the idle speed and idle mixture screw. It's only after those adjustment that I figured out that my carburetor heater was broken and ordered a new one. Unfortunately, I don't remember the number of turns to do on either of these screws. I only know that the engine should run at 1950 rpm at idle. Does someone know how many turns I need?

2. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Hello.best thing you can do first is get the engine running with the choke fixed.then if you have just fiddled with the carb slide up and down screw it's simply re-adjust till tickover is normal.if you've played about with the air screw then you need to screwed it in then out about 1 1/2 turns and get your engine ticking over and then there's a bit of tinkering about with the air screw till revs rise then you adjust down with the slide screw.if i remember right.nothing hard .think Steve p and a few of the other oldies on here remember how to do it.if you haven't touched the air screw, then re-fit the choke heater unit and give a bit of throttle if needed to get going and adjust the slide screw which ever way you need.if you've wound the throttle screw too far in it might have issues starting cos your effectively giving it too much throttle on the start. Hope that's made sense.

MARSH likes this.
  3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    As said ^^^ get it warmed so choke is off, let it tick over and adjust mixture a 1/4 turn in/out, you'll hear the engine note change. Set it so it ticks over at it's smoothest position then adjust tick over to suit. If mixture is set right you should be able to whack throttle open from tick over without it hesitating, if it doesn't adjust it until it does. Just take a note of what you've done.

hairyjim likes this.
  4. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Have to remember that when I do mine. Ain't fiddled with a carb for years.

5. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    You don't forget !

hairyjim likes this.