Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

How long will my Runner go for?

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by PedHead, 1 Nov 2011
PedHead#1
I have had a Gilera Runner 50cc for 5 years now and it's up to 18000 miles, I take it to get serviced at the garage every few months so will it last me another 5 years?
jordanng8#2
have you ever had the engine rebuilt ? e.g piston and rings
PedHead#3
no, the only thing I have added is a new exhaust
xplicit vehicle#4
well in the gilera runner service manual it should say "piston ring change after every xxx miles" so dont worry about it
Jonnymarrw00t#5
Probs need a bottom end,Top end rebuild. at 20k, Is it a 4t ?
tErr0#6
As long as it's serviced as per the hand book there's no reason it can't keep going forever.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Piaggio Typhoon Won`t Start?6 replies19 Nov 2011
gilera 125 2t or 4t ???3 replies19 Nov 2011
aerox / ovetto hi-brid...0 replies19 Nov 2011
bar conversions6 replies17 Nov 2011
Noob Scooter Advice15 replies16 Nov 2011
I need help3 replies13 Nov 2011
GILERA RUNNER QUESTION0 replies13 Nov 2011
Gilera dna 504 replies13 Nov 2011
Drilling Air Box2 replies13 Nov 2011
Chrome plating on wheels.. where ?11 replies11 Nov 2011