How is this possible!?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by A-LY, Dec 2, 2012.

1. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

So you were initially gonna get a street race but decided on some polish kit? ... Really?...

I still don't think you we're ever gonna get a lot more power than your standard engine :p

No disrespect to your dad, but trying to get it to work by using sealant is nonsense! Oh yes you might get it to start but that's just not right!... You could probably use window sealant as well mind you! :p

In all seriousness just send it back, open your dispute pn ebay and get your money back. :)

Quite a few shops are found sales on parts so you might be lucky and find a nice 70cc kit for not much more :)

2. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

ive done it with sealant now, mainly because my dad is so insistant he knows everything, so when it pops out i can just say hes talking arse. im telling you if i hadnt done it he'd of said "oh im only old i dont know anything do i" like he always does!

murerg likes this.
  3. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

and i was gonna get a s6 streetrace, until i worked out how much itd come too....
    100 for the kit
    80 for a better crank
    50 for a variator and torque spring
    25 for new mains to go with the crank

then a lot of explaining as to how ive got this money when im apparently skint, and why im making it 70cc

4. steveaerox50

steveaerox50 aprilia owner

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    no they are a sports cast iron 70's kit just like the malossi and polini , mine had 12,000 on if i remember correctly , it should be fine

5. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    remove the barrel and have a look at it. i have seen photos in the past where there as been a pin hole in the bore that go's to the water jacket. it may have been sealed by some crap and when you run the bike for a short time the pressure will have cleared it out.

6. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    in theory all that should be fitted with any over bore kit.

7. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

well it runs without leaking now, just need to warm it up tomorrow and see what its saying

8. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

had it out today, rides suprisingly smooth! got a mad powerband, it goes from normal smooth riding to warp speed. ill probably put that down to the ridiculously hightened ports.

the only thing is; i rode it to the gym and it worked fine. but when i went to leave, it kept stalling when on the stand so i turned the idle up slightly and it went mad, so i turned it down again and it stalled in a corner. Then when i revved it, it would rev up and kindof misfire.
    ive just raised some money, so ima gonna buy a 70cc head for it to cure the raised port problem, then while im down there putting it on ill clean the carb and check for air leaks and shit

9. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

aaaaand its fucked, tested it out before going college and it keeps cutting out.
    emailed the seller again, got paypal involved saying its not as described, and ive got 4 more days until i can get ebay onit.

if i get my £40 back ima buy one of them motoforce 70s

10. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

motoforce ones are really good quality :)

Keep us up to date. Hopefully you ll get all your money back :)

11. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

i just looked on pedparts and theyre £90!!

now im again thinking of just buying a 70 head for this polish one to save the hassle of arguing with the seller, then sending it back, all while having no bike.

ohhh i dont know its all so fucked up:mad:

12. astro77

astro77 Active Member

yeah and worth every penny ;)

13. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

14. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    get a used kit. i just sold a top performance on ebay and it sent for £20 bad for me good for you the buyer

15. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

i cant find a used one anywhere, there all new ones on ebay, and gumtree is shite

16. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
  17. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

yea ive seen that one, looks shit though!

18. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    well am done :D, no matter what ppl say your going to buy a new head. for the worlds worst kit.
    if the head seals the squish will be out but it will not make it run bad in the way your talking about.

19. astro77

astro77 Active Member

20. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!