Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

How hot should a ped get?

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Crana, 3 Apr 2008
Crana#1
Well after driving my rox today (quite a hot day) the temp went over half... :O This is the first time its ever done this and I was woundering if this was normal?
m1ck_t#2
mine usually stayis just under half,but have seen it go just a touch over once or twice,as long as it isn't anywhere in the red i aint bothered
Burns#3
i used to have my rally about 3 quaters?? never broke it
wobbly_trials#4
check your water level, the engine temperature should fluctuate slightly as the thermostat opens and closes, runnning at low speeds can cause it to run hot
Crana#5
Well I was kinda sitting in some traffic :emb: Water levels fine, I've just checked it :p

Can this thread be closed just encase it turns into spam :)
Jamie#6
bikes warm up more sitting in traffic because the radiator isnt geting any flowing ventilation ;)
Toby#7
In english weather my bike never runs as warm as it's meant too according to the handbook, have checked with dealer and they say this is fine, I reckon it's cause it's a gilera it's designed to run in the warmth of italian weather. If I sit in traffic or do slow speed stuff like filtering though the fan kicks in and I get warm legs through the vents.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

variator washer3 replies6 Apr 2008
?????rev limiter????1 replies5 Apr 2008
gianelli extra sports exhaust?1 replies4 Apr 2008
how to post pictures1 replies4 Apr 2008
Broken my foot4 replies4 Apr 2008
How do i turn my tic over up ?5 replies3 Apr 2008
getting tyres to seat on the rims8 replies3 Apr 2008
facebook members, new group0 replies2 Apr 2008
3 Points and £60 fine I was told.... And the rest.15 replies2 Apr 2008
DNA/ GILERA CONVERSION!!13 replies1 Apr 2008