How fast does your Aerox go ?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Chubz, Mar 9, 2012.

1. JDog1989

JDog1989 New Member

Think I am going to just buy a yusuni C20 now, proberly going to get stage6 racing 70 anyway and defo getting a gear up just going to have to change piston ring every like 500 miles or something when i get the stage6 racing 70

2. Jimmy yates

Jimmy yates Member

Has anyone got a stage6 sub frame fitted? Or have seen them?

3. GreenRox95

GreenRox95 New Member

Jimmy, will be getting mine fitted tomorrow or Saturday, not sure on the oil tank but I know you have to cut a hole in tbe seat bucket

4. Z0ne

Z0ne New Member

Hebo Manston Replica 50cc cylinder
    Mhr Team 50 exhaust
    Malossi Multivar
    Advanced stock ignition
    71mph speedo, 66gps

New setup of:
    Malossi MHR Replica 70cc cylinder
    Yasuni City16
    Malossi Multivar
    Advanced stock ignition
    62mph speedo

5. Jimmy yates

Jimmy yates Member

Green rox did you manage to the subframe? Did you remove the oil tank? How easy was fitting?

6. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    i dont see why youd have to touch the oil tank to fit the subframe....

7. JDog1989

JDog1989 New Member

Fitted a yasuni c16 and new stage6 belt and shit my top speeds still only like 55 ( car clocked me ) but my koso speedo also says im doing 55-56 mph, think i might need a gear up because it just seems to rev like fuck but not get any quicker?

8. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    What size variator weights are you using .

9. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    If it's revving more but going no faster then there's some issue in the driveline. My first move would be to put a heavier variator weight. I tried lighter weights in my bike to find it revved like mad but didn't go well, I replaced them with a heavier weight and it accelerated like a scolded cat and was clocked at 70.
    It seemed that the lighter weights did not have enough centrifugal force to fully open (close?) the variator and the belt would not go all the way out.

10. shed21

shed21 Member

Rides:
    malaguti f12
    i have malaguti phantom same eninge as rox was getiin 55 mph with restrictor 65 mph with out fitted new rollers and blet other day now stikin at 40mph:( not gud any 1 got advice

11. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
  12. JDog1989

JDog1989 New Member

4 gram

13. JDog1989

JDog1989 New Member

oh and a got 61 mph lastnight lol, on a flat road, I think im just going to buy the stage6 mk2 racing 70's anyway the sport aint the same

14. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    There's something wrong there mate, my streetrace with a 17.5 delorto and leovince zx is quicker than that. Your setup should see the other side of 70 with acceleration to match. If the bike is revving well it indicates that you're losing drive through the transmission. Either your variator or clutch is set up wrong. Run it with the transmission cover removed and get someone to drive or ride alongside to see if the belt is all the way up on the variator pulley. If it is not then that's the issue and try heavier weights. If the belt is all the way up the variator then the issue is probably with the clutch and a bit of fine tuning on the springs is needed.
    Sticking a new 70 kit on it is not the way I would go unless there is a problem with the existing one.
    Keep us posted.

15. JDog1989

JDog1989 New Member

got 62 today haha just going to get a gear up

16. astro77

astro77 Active Member

haha funniest thing I've read this year

17. JDog1989

JDog1989 New Member

I dont belive a aerox with stock gearing will do over 70 mph for shit

18. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Your Point?

19. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    An aerox with a stage 6, 70 kit revs much higher and maintains it power longer than any other equivalent 70 kit hence you dont need a gear up kit with them . Have a look at the Pedparts blog about gear up kits and youll see what I mean.

20. astro77

astro77 Active Member

yeah I've seen the dyno for the streetrace on pedparts ages ago, but 70mph+, real speed, not a chance