how does enricher/choke work temp sender near carb mouth

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by nibbles, Feb 8, 2011.

1. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

i know its in the on position then when you turn the bike on a charge goes to it to turn it off and they can get stuck BUT,

on the carb mouth were u put the filter theres wat seems like a temperature sender what does it do and does it relate to the enricher .

i used an older wiring loom off a bit older zip and theres a clip to plug the enricher in but not the other part at the mouth of the carb ,so i cant plug it in

my bike has total loss of power at top end im wondering if the choke/enricher is staying on permanatly due to not having the other thing plugged in ?

iv jetted from rich all the way through to lean and lightened the rollers to 5 gram but i still have total loss of power as soon as i full throttle

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    the choke IS your enricher... anything else will just be an electronic carb warmer...

the choke slide moves UP as the choke is on... this pulls the slide out of the way of the hole that passes over the choke jet.. this is an easier path than under the carb slide thus you get a completly different air streem and fuel mix from the choke. if you just look for the feed hole to the choke you will see if the slide is blocking it or not.

:)