ive just been given a brand new chinese scooter thing a boaton qt49 or something lol how do you go about registering? what forms will i need ect ect, never had to do this before
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
how do you register a new scooter?
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
You need a certificate of conformity, customs and excise form, and some other shite
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
You need a certificate of conformity, customs and excise form, and some other shite
looooool them bikes are erm. nice? :emb:
Registration Documents
For the purpose of Registration, my bike came with the following documents:
1. DVLA Form V55/4 – First Licence and Declaration for Registration.
2. HM Customs and Excise Form – Import of vehicle.
3. DVLA Form V267 – Declaration of Newness
4. Boatian Certificate of Conformity – Showing bike complies with EU
Regulations.
The only forms I needed to complete were the (1) V55/4 from details on the Baotian Certificate of Conformity and the reverse of the (2) HM Customs and Excise Form, where I inserted my name and address as the purchaser.
INVOICE - What the supplier did not include was an Invoice of Sell. Now DVLA require an invoice from the supplier to the purchaser for the purpose of registration. The Invoice must include the following:
1. The fact that the bike is new, imported and unregistered.
2. The Chassis (VIN) of the bike.
In fact I asked the supplier to include the engine number just to be sure. Trust me, I found this out the hard way when I visited my local DVLA office the first time.
Local DVLA Office – Registration and tax
Now you have the registration documents duly completed where necessary, and an invoice and insurance certificate, you can now register and tax the bike. To do this, you have the choice of either sending all the documents together with a cheque for £65 to your local DVLA office by post OR take them yourself. I chose the latter and after the second visit my registration was successful.
I found my local DVLA staff extremely helpful and it was useful to have the staff check the documents in order that I might make any amendments there and then. If you post the documents and mistakes are found, the application is simply rejected and returned. The new registration document and road tax was not issued at the time of my visit. Understandably it takes a little time for a new V5 registration document to be processed. But a couple of days after my visit I received the road tax in the post and was able to have a number plate made up.
Number Plate – I understand that by law you are required to produce the V5 registration document, in order to have a number plate made up. It can take DVLA Swansea up to 10 working days to process a registration document. Therefore I searched ebay and ordered a number plate of my design (keeping legal of course) for around £11.90 including postage. Now I don’t have to wait for the V5 before getting on the road
For the purpose of Registration, my bike came with the following documents:
1. DVLA Form V55/4 – First Licence and Declaration for Registration.
2. HM Customs and Excise Form – Import of vehicle.
3. DVLA Form V267 – Declaration of Newness
4. Boatian Certificate of Conformity – Showing bike complies with EU
Regulations.
The only forms I needed to complete were the (1) V55/4 from details on the Baotian Certificate of Conformity and the reverse of the (2) HM Customs and Excise Form, where I inserted my name and address as the purchaser.
INVOICE - What the supplier did not include was an Invoice of Sell. Now DVLA require an invoice from the supplier to the purchaser for the purpose of registration. The Invoice must include the following:
1. The fact that the bike is new, imported and unregistered.
2. The Chassis (VIN) of the bike.
In fact I asked the supplier to include the engine number just to be sure. Trust me, I found this out the hard way when I visited my local DVLA office the first time.
Local DVLA Office – Registration and tax
Now you have the registration documents duly completed where necessary, and an invoice and insurance certificate, you can now register and tax the bike. To do this, you have the choice of either sending all the documents together with a cheque for £65 to your local DVLA office by post OR take them yourself. I chose the latter and after the second visit my registration was successful.
I found my local DVLA staff extremely helpful and it was useful to have the staff check the documents in order that I might make any amendments there and then. If you post the documents and mistakes are found, the application is simply rejected and returned. The new registration document and road tax was not issued at the time of my visit. Understandably it takes a little time for a new V5 registration document to be processed. But a couple of days after my visit I received the road tax in the post and was able to have a number plate made up.
Number Plate – I understand that by law you are required to produce the V5 registration document, in order to have a number plate made up. It can take DVLA Swansea up to 10 working days to process a registration document. Therefore I searched ebay and ordered a number plate of my design (keeping legal of course) for around £11.90 including postage. Now I don’t have to wait for the V5 before getting on the road
laaf all you like, its a brand spankin scooter for free, there going for a £600 on ebay so if i put it up for £300 buy it now, il laff 
cheers frainey, sounds like abit of a pain in the arse
arc: my best bet is to just go into a dvla office and explaine to them that the forms it came with are lost ect and try get some new ones
cheers 
cheers frainey, sounds like abit of a pain in the arse
just found that you can get a 80cc kit for one of these and a leo vince pipe, ha not worth spending the money its either getting sold or if i think its ok il use it to ride a quater mile up the road to the gym
Sell it then, i got 350 for mine seconed hand a year ago
More threads in General Scooter Discussion
| nrg spraying | 16 Nov 2008 |
| pm59 | 16 Nov 2008 |
| Good Offer on a gilera runner ? | 16 Nov 2008 |
| where to buy stage 6 replacement ring | 16 Nov 2008 |
| shiny reds site | 16 Nov 2008 |
| Screws for side casing ? | 15 Nov 2008 |
| MOT | 14 Nov 2008 |
| fixing a panel | 14 Nov 2008 |
| side stand | 14 Nov 2008 |
| Shocking prices! | 13 Nov 2008 |
