Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

How do I put the timing chain on the cog for a 50cc scooter

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Adam kelly, 11 Nov 2013
Adam kelly#1
How do I put the timing chain on the cog for a 50cc scooter
Btw the cog is on the new crank shaft it put on
For some reason the chain doesn't come on
image.jpg
MARSH#2
What do you mean? Is the cam chain on the crank or can't you fit it to the crank?
Mark farmer#3
He can't get the chain around the sprocket/cog that's mounted in the crank, I thought there was a side cover that you could unbolt to get to the sprocket similar to a Chinese pit bike I used to have,
Adam kelly#4
Yeah I can't get it on the crank do u have any tips please?
rustyscooter#5
youtube it, I find the answer there sometimes
Adam kelly#6
Finally I done it!!! I ended up splitting the engine and redoing it
Mark farmer#7
Told you
Adam kelly#8
Still I've got till this weekend to get it done or I have to scrap it says my parents
Mark farmer#9
Haha you best hurry up then
Adam kelly#10
Yeah shouldn't take that long I gota put all head and new pistions rings and pistion head on and put variator on and belt and kick and flywheel cover then fit it... Do you know how to put the belt on because I don't know how to fit belt in clutch housing because it closed
Mark farmer#11
What do you mean? What's closed?
Adam kelly#12
The clutch closed when I pulled it out
Adam kelly#13
The clutch closed when I pulled it out
Mark farmer#14
Put a picture on cause I don't know what you mean by closed
Adam kelly#15
I will when I'm home :)
Adam kelly#16
How much would I get for scrap
Mark farmer#17
Not much at all, don't give up keep going! You can't give up on a job
Adam kelly#18
Nah I'm Not just an idea I put head gasket on and crank and tappets just
To dark now so going to leave it for now

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

pre mixing question7 replies17 Nov 2013
Need some help with build3 replies16 Nov 2013
Profi Fuel-Max2 replies16 Nov 2013
starting problems18 replies15 Nov 2013
Dynostar - Worst nightmare3 replies13 Nov 2013
Suggestions needed 50cc bike problems0 replies12 Nov 2013
help making my wifes bike more visible.16 replies12 Nov 2013
Changing tyre on 50cc 13"rim2 replies12 Nov 2013
Gilera runner 2005 50cc problem11 replies12 Nov 2013
Gilera H@K 50cc0 replies11 Nov 2013