Honda Vision 2013 4 Stroke De-Restriction

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by SilverEye1551, Aug 22, 2017.

1. SilverEye1551

SilverEye1551 New Member

My scooter is restricted to 27-28mph. My friends dad has already tried to remove the variator ring in front pulley but it wasn't there. Could anyone please suggest some ideas into de restricting my moped please. And maybe give me a rough explanation on how to do it so I can show it to my friends dad. Thanks!

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    under the seat bucket is your carb, ontop of the carb is a black plastic/silver metal top cover,

unscrew the top cover off the carb be carefull as there is a spring under this and if you dont keep pressure on it pings off and you loose spring. lift the cap off and look at it, if it has a metal pin with a nut threaded on you need to remove the nut and re-install the spring then put that cap back on.

the metal pin and that nut stop the throttle slide coming fully up it is restricting the carb from fully opening the fuel flow.

you could find the cdi is restricted , you will know if this is the case, ride down a hill and wind the throttle on if you get to 30mph and the bike then slows down as it speed up down the hill ie the rpms drop off the cdi is rpm restricted.

sometimes scooters do not have a wedding ring restrictor on the variator boss, sometimes the metal boss that the variator slodes along has a lip milled into it and thats a restricted boss.