Honda lead 100cc

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Jordan727, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

Hello everybody!

Been a long time since i've been on here.

I previously have owned a couple of chinese 50cc mopeds u till they were stolen. I have recently purchased a 100cc honda lead.

As it is at the moment it isnt the most fastest thing in the world. 45-50mph at a push. I was hoping for a little more out of it and was looking for suggestions/guides on tuning. I only paid £300 for it so dont really wanna spend crazy money on it and need it for the daily ride to work

Ideally i'd like to get 60 out of it so im following the flow of traffic. I was thinking of having the carb tuned and rejetted (as i will likely swap or nodify the airbox) but dont know anyone who could do it. Is it something a motorbike garage would do?

Also been looking into roller weights and clutch springs etc. I appreciate these all work in conjunction with each other so would look to upgrade them all, anyone have any ideas/suggestions on the ideal weights and spring combo?

Lastly, its running the stock exhaust. I would assume with it being a 100cc there wouldnt be any restriction? Or would a sports exhaust make a difference? I didnt really want to go to that expense but if its worth it i'd consider it

Any suggestions/recommendations of parts appreciated!

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

which part of the world do you live? Possibly a member on here can do the job for you.

3. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

Im in the UK, north east, near darlington and durham

At the moment, i've decided to do a few small cosmetic jobs. Heated grips, windshield, handle bar guard/wind deflectors mainly as I will be riding through winter, we get pretty well gritted where I am and once onto main roads theres little snow/ice left after buses, trucks and christmas commuting warms things up

Will likely keep it as it is and make it a little more comfortable in cold and wet and decide what to do after winter, whether I do some tuning, sell and so my car test or do my car test and keep if for nipping around on for fun

Still open to ideas/suggestions/guides on both staying warm and dry and tuning