Honda click 110i cold start issue.

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by David Gronlund, Nov 3, 2019.

1. David Gronlund

David Gronlund New Member

Hello all!

I have a Honda click 110i (fuel injetion with electric starter) that is difficult to cold start.

I have tried the following:

0% throttle while start - engine turns but doesnt start no mather how many times i try to crank it.
    10% throttle - engine starts after 5-10 long attempts
    25% throttle - engine might start after 20+ attempts if ever
    50% throttle - engine doesnt start no mather how much i try.

If i manage to start it and let the engine run until warm, then it will start more easy.

Could it be the spark plug, fuel injector nozzle, fuel pump?

Please share your thoughts?

Best regards
    David

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Hello mate, if it's fuel injection you shouldn't have to use the throttle at all when you crank it. Could be one of the things you mentioned or it might be the ecu itself. You could try changing the plug but really you want to connect it to a diagnostic tool before repairing or changing the injector nozzle or fuel pump and that means taking it to a garage unless you or someone you know is lucky enough to own one. Efi is brilliant unless is goes wrong which is pretty unusual these days.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Last serviced?

4. allan campbelo

allan campbelo New Member

what size of battery has it got. I have this problem on my 50cc scooter.
    what I tried if was hooking up my car battery to the scooters battery and it started right away. mabe your battery is duff

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah could be the battery dropped a cell. I'm servicing a quad bike right now that has exactly the same problem

6. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Change your battery , start with the simple stuff first then move on to the more complicated stuff eg fuel injector and so on , look for an uprated battery for your bike , if you cant do this right away and I presume your bike is either a moped or a geared bike , if it's a geared bike turn the key stick it in second gear hold the clutch run it up your road if safe and then side jump on your seat while pushing the electric start and letting the clutch out , I had to do this for a week until my new battery came , garage I took it to said my battery was just dead they charged it up and charged me £100 so dont find out the hard way like I did , if it's a moped them simply do the same minus the gear , run it along proper slam yourself on the seat while trying to start it should start straight away