Hi guys new here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Allan Hedges, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Allan Hedges

Allan Hedges New Member

Bit late saying hello. Had an Alexone for 2 weeks. 3 times in 2 weeks had some serious faults. 1st fault. Throttle stuck wide open on an A road due to foreign object stuck in the butterfly in the throttle nearly crashed at 65mph. Second. Screws holding dashboard together fell out at speed. 3rd. Indicators stopped working then back again then not working. All in all a terrible bike. Returned to dealer and money back. Went to Honda bought a Honda Forza 125. 1000% better build and better bike.

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Hello Allan and a warm welcome to you. Some folk say the heart grows fonder with a Honda :D

Allan Hedges likes this.
  3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I had my throttle stick on my old runner vx. 80mph round a roundabout in Peterborough Town centre was not fun at 17 years old....

milo2025 likes this.
  4. Allan Hedges

Allan Hedges New Member

Mine was build quality. Hence will never touch a Chinese bike ever again

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

You might find your Honda is Chinese.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but everything is Chinese now, even our viruses... Too soon?
    Sounds more like a piss poor PDI really, although some of these cheap bikes are just trash...

6. Allan Hedges

Allan Hedges New Member

All i know is the build quality of the Forza is far superior to the crappy Alexone. And it has a better top speed.

scubabiker likes this.
  7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

"foreign object stuck in the butterfly in the throttle"

Any idea what the foreign body was, and how the hell it got there?????
    Considering the throttle body is enclosed by the air filter tube and manifold rubber, and is spring loaded to close again...............

8. Allan Hedges

Allan Hedges New Member

It was a tube cap that someone at the factory had somehow dropped it in to the housing whilst the bike was being built and had been bouncing around whilst i was driving and bounced in the throttle whilst it was open and got got stuck in the butterfly jamming it wide open. I have since returned the bike and got a full refund and bought a Honda Forza. A much better bike,smoother,faster and build quality is far superior to the Chinese so called bike.

9. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Having worked on Chinese machines and building them up out the box /p.d.i, I've seen lots of things that make you think "what, why, really" I had a bt49 qt9 with a plastic plug in the rocker box breather pipe, would start everytime then stop, took ages to find it. Caliper bolt so tight they sheared off, drive chains always tight as a piano string ! I'd spend 4-5 hours on each machine greasing, copper slipping all fastners just to make life easier when it got brought back for service.

scubabiker likes this.
  10. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Lets not talk about chinese scoots. They are fucking horror stories. You pay just 1400 for one. And they lure you that its build around that honda "yg" engine"or what its now called. What they dont say is. That its a really shitty bootleg copy of that engine. Looks like it's casted in someone's backyard. What people don't seem to think about is that. Ones you had it for two years is that. It isn't worth shit after that time period. You pay " only 1400 usd" but has no worth ones you want to change scoot. Probably out of pure disappointment. And all the time you owned it. It went a few turns to the mechanic/shop you bought it from. Alot of cursing buying all kinds of replacement parts. Being late for work/girlfriend because of sudden breakdowns.pay for taking the bus many days. While if you would have bought an italian/Japanese you pay 2400 usd but after two years you can sell it for around 1900 usd. Just a loss or il say its quite cheap to just pay 500 usd to own a vehicle you ride around daily for two years plus, maybe a hick up or two but usually without any headache in the meantime you own it.
    Summary: chinese scoots sucks because. First they usually are really ugly to look at. Exremely boring to ride cause, The brakes sucks. The suspension sucks. The engine power out put sucks. The tyres that comes with them are more slippery than twnety year old tyres, when wet. The worst i ever experienced, You have to keep working on them all the time. No second hand value. Unless you have the morale to fool someone to take over you mess. A loss of 1400 instead of 500. "WARNING" Don't buy. Dont buy. Don't buy

11. milo2025

Well it looks like I'm stuffed then having bought a brand new Sinnis back in October. So far so good, I use it everyday for commute etc, already covered nearly 2k miles and it hasn't skipped a beat. And a years free servicing and breakdown cover thrown in. But it's early days yet - if what you say is correct I'm just waiting for the day it will start to fall to pieces on me! ;)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

My 2 cents as an experienced mechanic for a dealership in piaggio and Chinese bikes:
    Piaggio bikes are built in either Italy, Spain or China. The parts are the cheapest of cheap but you pay for the name. I've seen an exhaust rot out in 1 year. A lot of times. Over priced, bad quality.
    Now let's compare to China bikes
    (Honda, Yamaha, Peugeot, etc etc) the bolts are usually a strength of 8. The rust protection on a lot of parts is superior to European bikes. And the parts are considerably cheaper.

It all comes down to 2 things in the end
    1. The PDI, if the seller has spent the time to check over the bike, it's going to be good.
    2. The owner. If you just get on and blast it at wide open throttle straight from cold every damb day, and never wash or check anything, then it's going to turn to trash in a year.

13. milo2025

I feel better already having just read that :)

14. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Didnt mean to trash you. Theres probably better and less good makers from china. Not all is the same trash as i had. I was forced or "given" a batioan devil 125 "probably have another name in other countries" at my old job. After the engine blew up"it started blowing out smoke from the cylinder and just stopped on the highway. I left it outside the garage. And someone stole it to my happines so i didnt have to bring it to the junkyard :)

15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Those early boation bikes were trash in all fairness
    And there is ones called tbs or something like that, also total trash.
    The early linhai atvs were trash too.
    Holy crap I had a linhai in for a head gasket, I broke 3 cylinder studs, the con rod had about 20thou play up and down and the exhaust valve didn't seat properly as it was cut at the wrong angle