Hi from Hemel aerox 50r

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Aeroxvr46, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Aeroxvr46

Aeroxvr46 New Member

Hi all.

Not new to motorcycles but I am new to the aerox. Bought it for myself and my 14 year old to mess about with.

It’s a lot of fun to ride like most 2 wheelers!

1999 model which is standard apart from a gianelli pipe and up jet ( from the paperwork that came with it)

It’s running well, though won’t start from the button despite a new battery so I guess I need to buy a new starter motor. I have had it easily off the clocks so I guess 50+... I’ll put a gps on it to check at some point.

It is however very sluggish off the mark. So much so I need to give it a helpful push at times. This seems to occur more as it gets hotter. There is no way in hell it could be wheelied for example! And I have seen loads of vids of them wheelied so I know it can be done.

Assuming the rest is stock I gather a lighter roller set is the starting point.

Keeping it a 50 for now does anyone have a good setup they can recommend to get it rapid off the mark? I would like it to rev up more before the transmission engages.

Wheelies are the eventual goal so 70kit/ carb/ variator etc will b done over time.

Cheers guys.

2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Welcome, I have the Malaguti phantom same minerreli engine but air cooled

My set up
    Stock engine
    Stock carb
    Stock clutch
    Leo Vince pipe
    67jet
    Mollosi mutivar 7g rollers
    Mollosi belt

Pull of very nippy great mid range top speed 55mph (on the speedo)
    Power is consistent at any rev/speed

3. Aeroxvr46

Aeroxvr46 New Member

Hi.

Thanks for the welcome.

I have heard the mention of the malossi multivar several times now. I will check back in the paperwork I have to try and find the jetting and get hold of this variator and belt setup.

Thanks very much for the advice.

4. Aeroxvr46

Aeroxvr46 New Member

5. kp46

kp46 Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX
    I would start with a good exhaust, carb and 70cc kit. depending on how many miles its done, possibly get a new crank with the 70. i think its reare to find a rox the is not moded at that age. from there i would tune the cvt system

6. Aeroxvr46

Aeroxvr46 New Member

True... it is rare.

But somehow just through luck and timing this used Aerox really is pretty standard. It has full dealer history too and I’m the second owner. Only 14000 Miles. It’s been in a shed for several years as the owner went to uni etc.

It’s bone stock apart for the gianelli and a jet up.

I don’t want to go 70 yet. What is a good pipe for the std 50?? Gianelli no good?

7. kp46

kp46 Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX
    almost any pipe will be better than stock
    but the thing is if your going to make a 70 later then it will not preform the best with a pipe designed for a 50

8. Camphillchopshop

Camphillchopshop New Member

Iv got a complete 70cc Minareli lc for sale if anyone intrested
    Brand new top end dr70kit
    Upgraded exhaust
    17.5 carburettor

Attached Files:

9. kp46

kp46 Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX
    wow ok what jet have you got in your carb?
    have you done anything with the cvt and what exhaust has it got??