Hi all I'm back

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by hairyjim, Jan 6, 2020.

1. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Hello all.im back.bought a gillera ice to fix up..pics and details soon

Mark Emerson Trentham and Stevep like this.
  2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Welcome back Jimbo:D:D:D
    Where you been hiding these few years then?

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I thought you got lost in the Indian himalayas...

Stevep likes this.
  4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Oh, and I've got some Ice parts if you need them;)

5. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Hi all you oldies..nice to have a ped again.ive had a bit of arterial necrosis going on and had two toes lopped off after they went black and I took a chisel to them to relieve the pain of dead skin next to good skin..ended going to the bone and eventually the quack lopped them off.cant walk far now or stand for long so when an ice needing work came up from a Chav across the road I grabbed it..it's got the usual bits..giannelli exhaust(loose)70kit..airsal ?wires hanging out,no starter working,relay clicking.throttle cable bent and stiff.kick start slipping.de da de da..Ile probably be needing some bits Steve but as yet not sure what..panels missing are carb cover,fan shroud,front mud guard.needs floor plastic and the vee bit behind your feet on the frame to make it look sweet.rear tyre is a bit iffy,Front indicator bits and a non ragged seat for later.its been hooned big time but is mot,d till October.£250 51 plate.needs painting.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  6. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    image.jpeg

7. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice

Attached Files:

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I've got a front mugaurd, the bit that goes between the seat and the footboard, forks, lenses, etc.
    I'll have a good look tomorrow and let you know.
    if you decide to go down the 125/172 route I also have a Technigas exhaust that I used for testing purposes on a SP125 only before settling on the pm59.

9. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    hi Steve.ile be keeping it 50/70 for the foreseeable future but maybe give it the bigger lump later if I think its needed..if local plod don't give me any grief over the giannelli chamber on it at the moment and I keep myself low key and looking respectable Ile be ok for a bigger lump..I've had another look at it and the bit I thought was indicators are really trim bits..shiny metal bits on the front of the leg shield.piagio badge and the two bits that go in the side triangle frame bit too pretty much all the plastics yobos take off to make it look cool..lol..it's also had the kick start shaft taken off too..previous owner said it slipped so gonna need to yank the case and see how far it's gone,just a hole there now.too bloody cold to do any work till I get the back room cleared and then I'm having it in for a good sort out so take your time and we can get the bits sorted and I can attack it and find what's making it not run..may need CDI or inner coils/pick up etc..I dunno..could be just the plug gummed up..the pipe is hanging and all the electrics are a mess so answers on a post card please..gonna be a learning curve for me again..had a jap then a chink...now a spaghetti..

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I have a cdi Steve sent me. Let me know. Always good to pay it forward

11. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Cheers..Ile let ya know if I need it...one on eBay I got my eye on just in case but better to have it from a reliable source..the one on it is hanging down and the wiring is a bit of a mess..the red wire in the pic is the starter motor but I've shorted it to motor and no rotation.have to investigate that as I've no kick start too.frigging Chav that had it was an animal..10 owners in its life.first reg.12/10/2001..last owner had it 3 months before getting rid..I've had clipper lighters longer than that..

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

More than likely I have the kickstart half moon as well.....................maybe..............somewhere................

13. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

This box of bits is gonna get bigger and bigger............................

scubabiker likes this.
  14. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Ha ha ha ha.mmm..I think it could well get bigger.i got it indoors now and had a look round the case and a monkey has been at it and broke a few threads and bolts..the oil tank cover has lost its bottom lug but I think some Velcro is good for holding it on..I dunno till I take the case off if it's the half moon or the other bit that's knackered but the kick start bit is missing to start with..only thing I'm sure of so far is the lights works and the brakes are good..anything ya find Ile probably need sooner or later.once I've got it going I'm gonna be getting the parts in to do it all up so you gonna be the one stop shop...screws nuts and bolts are gonna be handy too,loads missing wrong and rusty.rear tyre gonna have to be cut a bit too bits here and there low on tread...won't last more than a few more months of use.

15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

You should rat it dude.

16. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    I don't think ide have to do too much to it for that..last ten owners have done a frigging good job of trying..it's in my back room now and the wiring is melted on the pipe so I'm in for a good sort out there.all the panels seem to need a sort out of some description or replacing.soapy brush and a rag wouldn't go wasted either..I don't half buy some shit..

17. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Just had a cable tidy up and every thing was held on with cable ties..had one bolt to undo and a carving knife done the rest..well I'm on the road to renovating an ice..no stopping now..

18. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg wireing before and after..

19. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Here you go Jim

Forks, front mudguard, rear mudguards (but I don't know which one will fit the engine anymore), lower seat panel, trim pieces, rear lens and light (the light fitting might have been off a Zip, not sure), front indicator inner and outer lens, airbox, rear shock, front brake caliper and master cylinder ( you will need to replace the pistons and seals in the caliper though), side stand, clocks, right hand switchgear (start button side), rear brake lever clamp with mirror mount, variator fixed plate, exhaust shield (I think it's off an ice but I dont think you need that bit)
    If I find anything else I'll let you know:)

IMG_20200109_161951.jpg

hairyjim likes this.
  20. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

The easier question. What isn't broken?

Stevep likes this.