help!!!

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by ashleyh363, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Needle first, then W shaped clip, followed by the spring. Compress the spring then feed the cable through the spring then the slide slot, until you can engage it back under the slide, in the little hole for it.

The W shaped clip holds the needle in place.

2. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

3. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

So am I looking where the w shaped clip is on the needle?

4. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    i suspect that the blue smoke is because something in your engine is damaged and causing the oil to burn at that location. Because it's getting hot. Strip & inspect. Time to get some help.
    Good luck -

5. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

When I toke the plug out a minute ago there was a metal flake of metal on the spark plug. And I know its not metal from the plug

6. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Ashley, check the video again.

You need to check where the circlip is on the needle; in other words, which groove is the circlip in? in your case, if it's in the middle groove, take it up one groove to make the mixture weaker and try it again. If the plug is still black, move it up another groove. Some needles have three grooves, some have five, it depends on the make and model. If it's working, the black soot should start to burn off and the plug will become lighter in the centre.

The 'W' shaped clip is just to hold it in place in the slide and doesn't affect the fuel mixture. On some Dellorto carbs it's a plastic sleeve instead of a 'W' shaped clip. It will be obvious when you look at it as to which one you have.

7. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    You need to take the cylinder off it and stop riding it. Before you really fuck it big time.

8. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Flakes of metal on the plug? That's not good at all :eek: . Can you see down the spark plug hole at all? If you can, can you see any little 'pits' or 'craters' on the piston crown?

It sounds like there's a detonation problem or a hot spot on the piston. If you keep using the bike, you'll burn a hole in the top of the piston and screw the engine up big time.

Forget the mixture and you need to get the cylinder head off to see what damage there is to the piston or cylinder bore. Get help to do this if you aren't sure what you need to do as getting this wrong will be VERY expensive.

9. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

Okay I got u now sorry about not understanding lol. Will this stop the blue smoke???

10. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    You may have a bigger problem than blue smoke, believe me. Stop running the engine NOW and you need to take the cylinder head off and get the piston and bore checked out for damage.

Can you take a photograph of the plug with the metal bit attached and post it here?

11. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

yes why what's wrong with it??

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Of course it will, a blown engine doesn't run so won't produce any smoke at all.
    Sort out where that metal flake came from first, could have come from anywhere, but you need to find out where

13. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

I just pushed the flake of metal of the plug and it now gone. No way I'm finding that

14. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    I'll make this simple. That little metal 'bit' you mentioned may have come from the top of your piston and it could be that your piston is about to have a large hole burned into the top of it, wrecking your engine.

If you can take a camera phone picture of the plug in a good light so we can see whet you are on about then we might be able to say more about it, but the risk of wrecking your engine is too great right now.

If you have a magnet handy, once you have photographed the plug, if you can remove the piece of metal, see if the little metal piece sticks to a magnet or not. If it doesn't, then something really bad is going on inside your engine and it needs to be checked out urgently. Non-magnetic metal can only come from the piston or cylinder head and this is really bad news.

15. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

The engine starts first time every time its a great runner so why would the piston and rings be fucked

16. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Watch this and maybe you'll understand...

It will be a great runner until a hole gets burned in the piston, at which point it will stop, big time.

17. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

okay I'll take the plug off and show a photo of it on here

18. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

Tomorrow lunch time. I'm going to take off the first top layer on the piston barlle and let u guys know because its to late to be doing this lol thanks for ya help

19. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    No problem, Ashley - I know it's late. Better to attack this with a fresh head in the morning, after a good night's sleep.

Make sure that you 'crack' the nuts off the head in diagonal order before you fully loosen them, to prevent the cylinder head from warping.

20. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

Thanks mate