help!!!

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by ashleyh363, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    When was the air filter last checked, cleaned or replaced? If the air filter is choked solid with dirt and dust, you'll always get a rich mixture as the air flow is restricted.

2. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

The filter inside the box is wet in the corner of oil why's this???

3. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    if you know it's running too rich, downjet it appropriately and see how the smoke is then

4. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

I got a 72 its the standard jet. I think my oil pumps running to high

5. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    alright, try this then (probably different but similar for your scoot)

6. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

I just watched this like 10 minute ago lol. Do u think its running to high

7. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    If the air filter is the sponge type, it's supposed to have a LIGHT coating of oil. The idea is that you smear oil onto it then squeeze it all together, to fully impregnate the filter sponge with oil and to remover the excess.

The oil is what traps the dirt and dust and it should be there, although it may have been overdone in the past.

Too much 2-stroke oil gives white smoke, not blue smoke. Check the fuel mixture before you go adjusting the oil pump because if you get it wrong and the oil delivery is too low, you'll seize the engine.

8. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

Okay thanks. I've done my mixter screw so at idle its reving is at its highist point and its just blowing blue smoke. The end of my exhaust is wet???

9. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

nds its not a light coat its just coved in one of the conors

10. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    OK, just wipe the excess out of the case and it will be OK.

11. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

Have I done the mixture screw correctly tho??

12. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    OK, the correct way to set the mixture screw is to screw it in until the engine just starts to slow down and 'falter' then take it out half a turn. Then adjust the idle screw to get a smooth idle.

Are you sure that your carb has a mixture screw and an idle screw?

13. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

Yes I know stuff about engines just not the mixter screw

14. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    They are usually set at 1 1/2 turns out from fully screwed in as standard and you need to tweak it from that setting to suit your engine. The mixture screw only sets the idle mixture and anything else needs either jet size or needle adjustment, to optimise the mid- and top-end mixtures. Does that make sense to you?

15. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

When I'm ridding the ped at full throttle I looked at my exhaust and there is shit loads of blue smoke. In my oil tank the oil is red?? Dose that help.

16. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    No, the red colour means that it's synthetic two-stroke oil and is probably the Carlube stuff. It's a 'smokeless' two-stroke oil in theory, but you always get white smoke from cold starts and sudden throttle opening.

Lots of blue smoke is saying there's a fuel mixture problem. Take the spark plug out, what colour is the centre porcelain insulator? You are looking for a ginger nut to rich tea biscuit colour - if it's black as the ace of spades, the mixture's is too rich and you may need to reduce the jet size or adjust the needle height.

17. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

Its black as fuck.... I mean ace of spades. So how do I sort this problem out mate. i m so great full for your help so far : )??

18. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    OK, so it's way too rich. You don't have a replacement jet for now, so let's have a look at the needle. Carefully take the carb top off and remove the throttle cable (it pushes down and slides out through the slot), so that you can get to the slide and needle. push the needle out but be careful not to lose the clip that holds the needle in place - it can be a plastic clip or a 'W' shaped spring.

Once you have the needle out, look carefully at it and see where the little circlip is fitted. You need top move it to the topmost groove of the needle using some pliers. Put the needle, clip and spring back and refit the cable then take it for a spin for a few minutes and check the plug again.

if the needle circlip is already on the top groove, you need a smaller jet and you need to put the circlip on the bottom groove, to make the mixture richer for the new jet until you can check what happens to the plug colour. Adjusting the clip up wards weakens the mixture.

This should help you:-

19. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

So where do I need to put the clip w shape clip on the neddle

20. ashleyh363

ashleyh363 Member

Oh I get u now. I will go see where the clip is on the neddle and let u know yh