help with mixture

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Ghost0s, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Ghost0s

Ghost0s New Member

is my mixture fine i hade the 84 main jet but when i full throttle the scooter it start bogging then i tried 82 but with no success till i put the 80 the moped works fine i full throttle and its fine but im worried if the mixture isnt good ![​IMG]

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Looks ok from here by the image.

just keep a check on temps if the scoot seems to be hotter than usual ( radient heat ) you may wanna richen a very slight bit.
    if you find after a couple wots your power just fades out it could be a sign of semi seize , it will just start to drop out of wot and feel like its bogging out crawling to a low speed.

so keep an eye on temps do a second plug chop in say after a couple medium rides and have a second look, it should be around the same colour it is now, and if its a twostroke keep a check on the mixing oil levels to Never run dry ;)

3. Ghost0s

Ghost0s New Member

man it was 82 and bogging now its 80 and fine should i try 81 :D ? by the way i have an italjet exhaust but everything else is stock 49cc

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    you could see how it goes with an 81 fella airing on the side of a little rich is always the way to go with a twostroke unless your intention is full on racing and rebuilds every couple mid race seasons.

DO not thow away those other jets though, you may later on want to bore kit up and will need a more heathly fueling jet ;)

5. Ghost0s

Ghost0s New Member

no i wont throw them away i have the 84 and 82 now apart + i'll just keep an eye on the temperature led 81 wont make a huge difference

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    yep just keep and eye on things for a good week or two, see how it runs get a feel for the scoot.
    9-10 times you will know if something just dont feel right, like throttle snap feels sluggish, power seems to drop out a bit when its hot and likes.

main thing is ride safe and enjoy the open roads