Help please need my bike for work

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Animal09vip1, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    yep scubas bang on here a hi speed variator will show a improvement all round due to the more agressive ramps and the taller drive face the belt can travel up.

2. Animal09vip1

Animal09vip1 Member

Rides:
    Metal x 100.
  3. Animal09vip1

Animal09vip1 Member

Rides:
    Metal x 100.
    Something like this any good

scubabiker likes this.
  4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Best you can get in my opinion

Animal09vip1 likes this.
  5. Animal09vip1

Animal09vip1 Member

Rides:
    Metal x 100.
    Got original air box off a mate put it on with a 96 jet bike won't start so tried a 94 then battery died So Gna have to let it charge for a few hours

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    86 is said to be the stock jets for the speedy 100cc's , so a upjet to around 88 - 91 - 94 sounds about the area , i would say its going to be between 91-94 , 88 just sounds a bit low if the stock jet is 86

7. Animal09vip1

Animal09vip1 Member

Rides:
    Metal x 100.
    I've got it running now had a 92 in there top speed was good but take off was crap I was getting 63 top speed with the 92 so put in a 90 take off is a lot faster but top speed was only 45 mph need a 91 jet I think will be perfect but my jets sizes go up in 2 starting 90 -92-94-96-98-100 up to 106 so Gna have to order a 91 jet offline if I can find one

8. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Keep the 92 jet in , always be on a little rich side for tuning.

pickup and take off can be tuned via roller weights

Animal09vip1 likes this.
  9. Animal09vip1

Animal09vip1 Member

Rides:
    Metal x 100.
    IMG_3088.JPG IMG_3086.JPG IMG_3090.JPG

Attached Files:

10. Animal09vip1

Animal09vip1 Member

Rides:
    Metal x 100.
    Is the br8es spark plug what is ment to be in this bike

11. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    thats an old plug so will be hard to read plug colour, if its a new one that black colour look is telling you the scooter is running rich on fuel /air.

see the center anode pin the bridge above it is fixed to the outer ring the top of that outer ring wants to be a nice chocolate brown colour , that colour reading will tell you the bike is just right on air and fuel mix and is burning nice and clean .
    yes buddy thats the right plug a NGK BR8ES.

just before you go riding, pop in a 94 jet see what bike rides like , if im right a 94 could show a little spluttering and bogging, if this is the case keep that 92 jet and dont go down to the 91 jet. you may find the 94 jet gives a little better feel it may not.

we dont wanna be very boarderline on the jetting so try the 94 see what its like, if your not happy the 92 is the kiddie thats giving best throttle response and top end